Sun pictures 4/8 - 4/15 Western Carribean

JulesNBama

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I will be on this same itinerery next Jan on the spirit. Any must not misses?

The pictures do not do the ship or the excursions justice. Things not to miss; well let me think, the first of course would be Saint Louis Cathedral, the oldest standing cathedral in North America.

Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala - The Las Escobas Waterfall Adventure was beautiful. The rainforest was amazing, tour guide friendly, and the crystal clear, freezing pools to swim under the falls were refreshing. The photos from this excursion cannot begin to portray the raw beauty of this place. While at port do not miss the little flea market set up at the terminal. It is very similar to the French Market in New Orleans, found a very intricately hand woven hammock for $45.00, beautiful colors and design in the fabric. I cannot express how friendly the Guatemalan people are.... this is your best or most inexpensive stop for souvenirs.

Belize City, Belize - Altun Ha Mayan Ruins and Belize City Tour. Inexpensive excursion with a very informative full city tour before you visit the temples. Altun Ha was spectacular to me, I am sure you can find a site with taller structures, but this excursion was guided by an archeologist that was able to provide interesting details about the construction, dating to 200 B.C. I was not disappointed at all.

Cozumel, Mexico - There is always something new to do in Cozumel. I did not do an organized excursion, just took a cab over to San Gervasio a sacred Maya site. San Gervasio was a sanctuary to Goddess Ixchel, the site itself is not very impressive, but due to it's historical significance, it is one of my favorites. It was the first Mayan City to be discovered by Spanish explorers in 1511 A.D. Cortez arrived at the island in 1517.

I hope this wasn’t too boring, the excursions in Guatemala and Belize were inexpensive and were well worth every penny. One other note, they were all very accessible. I underwent a failed back surgery in August on my L-5/S-1 disc and have had seven follow up surgeries prior to sailing in April. I have limited mobility due to the extensive nerve damage; there was walking involved during each excursion, but not enough to bother me. I was sure to keep my cane well out of the view in all of the photos.

Have a great time in January.

Warm regards,

Jules

Jules , don't know if you remember me but I think ya'll were the first ones in line in New Orleans and me and my sister were the second. It was definitely a great cruise and I remember running into ya'll a couple of time during the cruise and at the waterfall in Santo Tomas. We had a great time as well and thanks for the pictures they definitely brought back memories.

Marsha

Jules , don't know if you remember me but I think ya'll were the first ones in line in New Orleans and me and my sister were the second. It was definitely a great cruise and I remember running into ya'll a couple of time during the cruise and at the waterfall in Santo Tomas. We had a great time as well and thanks for the pictures they definitely brought back memories.

Marsha

Marsha,

I do remember, that was a cold morning for departure. I cant wait to head back to the Carribean.

Warm regards,

Jles

Archived