Caye Caulker vs. Either Carnival Turneffe or Goff's Caye

l2f

Snorkeling at Caye Caulker vs. either Carnival Turneffe or Goff's Caye.

It seems according to the reviews I have read, Caye Caulker you will see more marine life (sharks, rays, etc.) vs. either of the Carnival excursions at Turneffe or Goff's Caye. Since there is only $10-$20 difference to do the private tour, money really isn't the issue. It really is where would we see more and have the better time?

Any insight would be great.

We were just in Caye Caulker and did a snorkeling exursion from there with Star Tours (Awesome company), I cannot say enough good things about how well were were treated by them. Anyway, we went to the reef and to see the rays and sharks. The snorkeling was pretty good at the reef, (better in Roatan). It was very windy on the day we went, so it may have not been as clear as possible. The next time I go, I will take the ship's excusion to Turneffe based on reading several reviews of the amazing snorkeling there.

Also, with the ship's excursion to Turneffe, you have the benefit of the tour leaving right from the ship, no tendering and no water taxi to Caye Caulker. This was one downfall with our tour at Caye Caulker. I did feel a bit rushed. And this is coming from someone who ONLY booked private tours in all four stops, to avoid the extra money and the crowds. We were, however, ahead of Belize by two hours, though, which I learned was not the norm.

• 2 weeks later...

We have not done Turnefee but have done Geoff and Cay Caulker and Cay Caulker was the better of the two hands down for snorkeling. But, if you have anyone in your group who just wants to sit on the beach while you snorkel, they Geoff Cay is the way to go!

Archived