Princess - Golden Princess Mexican Riviera Feedback

Eytbol8

Hello All,

Anyone have feedback on the Golden Princess Mexican Riviera trip? My husband is disabled, confined to a wheelchair. Going in October and would love some feedback around accessibility of the ship and it's wheelchair accessible rooms. I am currently booked in the wheelchair accessible balcony room BA Category Room C304. Also, any info on parking and boarding in San Pedro, CA? Any personal pictures of the wheelchair accessible rooms would be great to see if anyone is willing to share.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D!

Hi

I was on the sister ship the Grand in a HC cabin with a balcony.This was a few yrs back..so no pictures... It was a wide cabin (I would guess about the size of a mini suite).So room to manuever in a chair. The bathroom had a roll in type open shower with a hand held shower head and just a curtain... I think..grip bars by the toilet. I think there was a pull down shower bench but I can't remember. I remember the shower flooding the bathroom floor.The balcony was long,the width of the cabin and they put a little ramp along the sliding glass door so you could get over the sliding glass door frame.

I hope this helped

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I were also on a sister ship. We didn't have a handicapped cabin but I can give you info on the rest of the ship. It is all accessible and the staff is very good in helping you when necessary. My wife uses a scooter and easily navigated everywhere (although the shops were a bit cramped some times.

I can't give you info on accessibility in the ports because we never left the ship. It wasn't b/c of her handicap, but b/c we've done this trip a number of times and just wanted to relax on board.

I forgot to mention this in my prior message.

If you are driving to San Pedro, you will enter the parking area and just tell the guard you want to drop off your disabled passenger with the luggage. They'll direct you to follow the outer road around the parking area and you'll be able to drop your traveling companion and all the luggage. Then you can go back and park the car. There is quite a bit of handicapped parking, but of course there's no guarantee of getting one of these.

When you return, just reverse the process. Leave your companion with the luggage and pull the car around to the front.

The cruise terminal in San Pedro is literally right off the I-110 freeway.

Archived