Is it possible to switch from traditional to anytime on board?

cruisegal99

I was on crown last year and loved anytime dining. I did love one particular waiter and assistant on my fourth night, so I made a standing reservation for the rest of my cruise. My Ta booked traditional and that is fine also but I was wondering If I am not that happy with team can I switch midway. i know most teams are good but some are great.

Thanks

If you are unhappy with your team, your first step should be a chat with the Maitre D and explain why you are unhappy. He can assign you to a different table and waitstaff. It's always better to correct a situation than to ignore it. He can't fix it if he doesn't know there's a problem. Same thing goes if you are seated at a table with people you don't find compatible. Switching around is done all the time so don't be shy about it.

To answer your question, you can switch to Anytime but it's a one-way switch; i.e., once you've switched, you can't go back to Traditional.

Pam's advice is solid. And she's right; you can switch once but then you are done. You can change now also, if you know you want anytime. But if you do, they give your table away, as there is often a waiting list for traditional. We've even been contacted once on board to "offer us the chance to try anytime dining". We had to laugh; the waiting list must have been long that time.

But, the very definition of anytime is that you aren't "stuck" if you don't like your dining experience. That includes time, tables, servers, companions, etc. I was noticing on our last cruise that the traditional room was filled with obvious family groups, so I'm assuming many singles and couples might be preferring the anytime experience.

Either way, have a good time!

Just came off the Golden and had Anytime dinning. You can go down to the Donatello or Bellini anytime during serving time and be seated. Nobody once asked for our room key, checked our name on a list, etc. Show up and get seated - that easy. However, I can tell you that the servers were nice, but not personable. It was obvious they were trying to turn the table over once dessert was served to make room for the next diners. Nothing worth complaining about, just not the personal touch we are used to with the Traditional dining.

Archived