Live from Crown

8Cruise2005

short on minutes

computer service is very slow

embarkation was a snap

got at dock 11:30 on ship by 12:20,had to sit for ten min.

pasta cafe is very nice. the captain had us at idle speed as the sun dropped calm seas

bring a 2 prong by 3 prong adapter only one outlet in cabin bring power slip more to come i hope.

short on minutes

computer service is very slow

embarkation was a snap

got at dock 11:30 on ship by 12:20,had to sit for ten min.

pasta cafe is very nice. the captain had us at idle speed as the sun dropped calm seas

bring a 2 prong by 3 prong adapter only one outlet in cabin bring power slip more to come i hope.

Thanks for posting. Anxious to hear more. Hope you have a great cruise. We are looking forward to getting on when you get off;).

Happy cruising,

Virginia

Watch as the Crown goes though the cut in st george it is pretty cool to see.

rained most of the day at St G, we took a tram anyway to get an over view,then walked around. It was quiet and a nice place.

Moved to Hamilton it was sunny but cool took a tram for over view again,much busier than St gearge.

Ate at the seven seas,the seating for two is wierd,you are seated 6 inchs from a a foursome.

Ate at Le Biastro that was nice,more about food in my review,it's been good so far.

drinks are city priced and good. no complainst here except the table for two think.

They have a street festivel on wednesday night,there is a drum and bagpipe squad at 9 worth seeing.

sorry for mis spellings not a lot of time.

Ginny, what type of adapter am I to bring. Trying to understand the 3 prog to 2 prog statement. DH thinks he knows but want to be sure.

Adapter plug has 3 prong female end 2 prong male end, usually grey or red in plastic color sometimes w/a short ground wire.

Have a great time:D

Beauty of a day.

Warm Sun but there was a breeze,too cool for me in the water although it looked inviting. Beachs looked great but it was cool.

Went on the west end and south shore drive tour,6 people in a van for 3 hours driving around the w end of Burmuda. It was nice,didn't walk much informative.

We got back and the buffet was lined with people trying to eat went down to seven seas dining and got seated by ourselves,2, and had a great lunch,quick and tasty. we liked the royal naval dockyard so much we got passes and took the ferry over at 3pm and explored the fort and stores. it is real cool if you like history. we are two 55+ year olds now and like seeing old stuff. gonna wing it tonite for dinner see what looks good. we reserved for pasta cafe tomorrow,2nd time and are going to try for le biastro saturday.

Craps,I'll check.

Beatyful day today,left 10 am circled Bermuda to head home,get your camera out. Sunny all day. Sun burns a plenty.

Ate at the pasta place asked for extra garlic. sea was calm and got to see a nice sunset.

If I were leaving Sunday I would,

bring the electrical adapter from a 3 grounded female plug to a two prong male plug

bring a power strip with multiple outlets for charging camera etc

bring a bar of soap

bring a good coffee or soda mug with a lid 16oz makes things easy.

bring a 4 cup coffe maker,I drink 5o oz+- a day and I found the coffee onboard is bad worth the effort to bring coffee maker,the steward never said I couldn't.

Leave your tux home unless you like to dress most people are well casual dressed. I have been wearing hawaian shirts and dress shirts with black pants and fit right in.

bring your apetitie because ,I think the food has been good and I didn't have to wash the dishes.

Thanks so much for the great reviews and information. Hope you continue to have a great vacation. I do have 1 question. Are you being offered the Dine Ashore vouchers? There seems to be some confusion as to whether or not this program is still in effect. Thanks for your time and again have a wonderful cruise. We are going in August and can't wait.

Thanks so much for the great reviews and information. Hope you continue to have a great vacation. I do have 1 question. Are you being offered the Dine Ashore vouchers? There seems to be some confusion as to whether or not this program is still in effect. Thanks for your time and again have a wonderful cruise. We are going in August and can't wait.

Ooooh! That's just what I was wondering! :D

quick question: Is internet service available for puchase in your staterooms or do you have to use the internet cafe. Hubby wants to bring computer.

I've enjoyed reading your posts. We leave TOMORROW!!

Thanks,

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Thats why these boards are so great.

I'm frantically packing. Always seem to need too many shoes....

Thanks again, appreciate it. Ann

I always bring my laptop so I can type out emails in Word, then cut and paste into my web based email account. It does save a LOT of minutes. Just something to think about. We don't call home when we're cruising - just email! :)

We're on the 8/12 sailing and would like to know, are you being offered the Dine Ashore vouchers? There seems to be some confusion as to whether or not this program is still in effect. Thanks for your time and hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise.

We just got home and I am reading back mail,

Dine Ashore Voucher's,We don't remember being offered any. We think we would have noticed them somewhere.

Debarkation was easier than Boarding.

They have an early debarkation for us citizens with no duty problems.

You carry your own luggage off the ship. Around 7:15 take an elevator down to 6 deck and kinda hang around. They will call for all early people and you will miss the rush. Walk off no problem. the walk to the parking isn't a problem unless you have a lot or heavy bags than one person can get the car while the other waits. We left the ship when the called for us at 7:40 and were on route 95 at 8:20.

Archived