Spirit class aft balcony dividers - can't be opened!

baseballdad

I was informed on the Miracle last week that "Corporate" had decided that aft balcony dividers on Spirit class ships would no longer be opened. (Never mind that the Purser lied to my face and said that they were now permanently bolted down - they open as easily as ever.)

This is yet another example of the suits in Miami having NO idea what their customers want - idiots!

If it is just because it takes time to remove them - charge me a service fee already! Carnival certainly knows how to do that! But if I spend the money to have contiguous aft balconies, you can be damn sure I want those dividers out of there.

I think the corporate types in Miami never actually cruise on their ships... I know Dickinson and Arison are too busy sailing on their 100 foot-plus yachts to actually worry about what customers want. This is just another in a long line of recent Corporate decisions that are sticking it to the Customer, and I am about done with them.

I am hoping this isn't going to be the rule!!! I'm going with a group on the Spirit and we have aft cabins. Plans were to open up all the dividers so we could all spend time out on the balcony together! :(

This is yet another example of the suits in Miami having NO idea what their customers want - idiots!

I will certainly agree with your statement. They make to many corporate decisions that hurt their business instead of grow it. You have PVPs calling to try and book cruises and guest relations pissing those same people off... no loyalty to the existing customers - Bad Carnival - BAD!

It really is not true that CCL exec's never know what people want. Mr. Arison and Mr. Dickinson are on those ships alot. I have run into Mickey so often. He is dressed in Jeans and a casual shirt on embarkation days. Look for him. He loves to go around and talk to people about what they like. Same with Bob, they do care.

Thats just my opinion. No I do not work for CCL. I have been on 45 cruises and counting. CCL was my first cruise. I have been on 90% of the others. They all have good points and bad points.

Linda

Can anyone clarify for me.... by aft, do you mean just the balconies that run along the back of the ship, or do you mean the ones that are towards the back, but along the sides, as well?

We have a large group going in August and are going to be very unhappy if we can't open them.

Thanks!

Can anyone clarify for me.... by aft, do you mean just the balconies that run along the back of the ship, or do you mean the ones that are towards the back, but along the sides, as well?

We have a large group going in August and are going to be very unhappy if we can't open them.

Thanks!

Back of the ship.

Fred

I am hoping this isn't going to be the rule!!! I'm going with a group on the Spirit and we have aft cabins. Plans were to open up all the dividers so we could all spend time out on the balcony together! :(

I'd advise you to contact Vicki Freed - your PVP or TA won't be able to get a straight answer out of the front office. I was told from several sources (not the Purser who lied to me...) that this policy changed a few months ago.

I didn't let their stupid policy ruin it for me; I just used some self-help to keep it open whenever our room steward would not be around (so as not to get him in any trouble). The reason I knew the Purser lied is that it opened just the same way as always, with the triangular latch bolt. My son and I could easily lift it off the hinges as well, so I know they can be taken out and stored quite easily - IF THEY ACTUALLY CARED TO PLEASE THE CUSTOMER!!

So as usual, the quality of service by the ship's staff was great, but impeded at every turn by the Suits in Miami... Like that rule about no dancing in the Dining Room every night! What's up with that?!? NONE of the dining staff we talked to - Headwaiter on down - liked that rule...

Archived