Scuba in Nassau

39Scuba

I haven't dove here in 20 years, anything I need to be aware of? Going out from Jacksonville on the 7th. We're thinking about diving in Nassau, any advice or thoughts would be appreciated, I'd rather dive on Wrecks, reefs are a dime a dozen.

I haven't dove here in 20 years, anything I need to be aware of? Going out from Jacksonville on the 7th. We're thinking about diving in Nassau, any advice or thoughts would be appreciated, I'd rather dive on Wrecks, reefs are a dime a dozen.

We book through the cruise line this spring. I believe it was Stuart's Cove. Sorry, I don't religiously update dive books anymore. Anyhow, we had a couple on nice wreck dives. Saw some nice size reef sharks. I thought we would have more of a reef dive since they advertized the Tongue of the Ocean, but for some reason we didn't do that one.

The only draw back was we were time sensitive and they cut the second dive a little short. However, that was more the fault of this family that came on board with us. They held up the dive ship while they got hamburgers :mad: There was about 12 divers on the boat.

I'm also fairly petite and they didn't have a BC that fit me correctly. Outside of that it was a nice dive.

BTW, if you love wreck dives come to the Ft. Lauderdale area. We have some nice ones.

We book through the cruise line this spring. I believe it was Stuart's Cove. Sorry, I don't religiously update dive books anymore. Anyhow, we had a couple on nice wreck dives. Saw some nice size reef sharks. I thought we would have more of a reef dive since they advertized the Tongue of the Ocean, but for some reason we didn't do that one.

The only draw back was we were time sensitive and they cut the second dive a little short. However, that was more the fault of this family that came on board with us. They held up the dive ship while they got hamburgers :mad: There was about 12 divers on the boat.

I'm also fairly petite and they didn't have a BC that fit me correctly. Outside of that it was a nice dive.

BTW, if you love wreck dives come to the Ft. Lauderdale area. We have some nice ones.

I was in Ft. Lauderdale last summer, but didn't get a chance to do some wreck diving, next time I'm there, I'll take you up on that offer and see some wrecks, thanks again.

39scuba:

We booked our own scuba trip with Stuart Cove's and had a great time in April.

As for wrecks, on the first tank we dove on a DC-3 in 50+ feet of water and then over the edge of a wall to about 80 feet. Second dive was to two of the "Bond wrecks", a ship from one movie and a plane framework from another.

The divemaster asked everyone if they had dove in the area and what they wanted to see. The wrecks were the option they suggested and we all agreed. So you might get some say in what you dive.

The surface was a little choppy but we had great dives. They'll transfer you from your ship to the other side of the island as part of the diving.

Good luck,

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Bahama Divers and Stuart Cove are the shops in Nassau. Check them out. Make sure you're dive book and cert is up to date. They are very careful about this. You'll also need to fill out a medical disclaimer. Both shops are sticlkers for details.

Stuart Cove does more advanced dives to more wrecks, walls and blue holes. They even do a shark dive. www.stuartcove.com

Archived