Just returned from Carnival Triumph Cruise!

I leave for the Triumph in 3 days. Hope my experience is better than yours.

If you could be so kind as to give us an update on the ships' condition when you return, it would be much appreciated. I am booked for later this year and am getting concerned with the repeated posts of the ships condition.

Cruzman, please do post your review when you get back! We are booked on the Triumph September 29th, same itinerary, and would love to hear your experience.

I see you're from Alabama! What part? I'm not familiar with your town. I'm a little southeast of Birmingham.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I am booked on thr 9-22 sailing and I am also very concerned.

the cabins condition and the waterslide are major concerns for me, and my friends

please give us an update as soon as you can

Also can't wait to read any more reviews - going at the beginning of September and can't wait. I really try not to look for negatives when I am away - especially when I don't have to cook, clean or even make my bed. I picked it for the price and the stops. I can always find good in a vacation.

Also can't wait to read any more reviews - going at the beginning of September and can't wait. I really try not to look for negatives when I am away - especially when I don't have to cook, clean or even make my bed. I picked it for the price and the stops. I can always find good in a vacation.

Same here. I picked it for the price, date, and the ports. It will be what it will be. My past 2 cruises were on ships that were pretty new when I sailed. But I will have to say, that if amenities are closed or broken on this ship, that isn't quite fair to the passengers who might want a hot tub, a water slide, or hey, even a working shower.

I am just glad to get away! I'll let you know how the ship looks when I return.

Cruzman, please do post your review when you get back! We are booked on the Triumph September 29th, same itinerary, and would love to hear your experience.

I see you're from Alabama! What part? I'm not familiar with your town. I'm a little southeast of Birmingham.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Rolltide (damn, that sounds so good), I live just out of Mobile near Bayou La Batre. Been to Childersburg many times. I'll give the review a whirl starting on board with the laptop. Hey, if 'ya haven't tried the Holiday yet; come on down, she's a fine little ship and the best cruise bargain around IMHO.

All cruises are just what you make them out to be. If you are looking for negatives (long lines, bad meal in the dining room etc) you will find them. Just go on the cruise with a positive outlook and you will be fine!

If you are going on the cruise and feel something like a 'tough' lobster may ruin your week, fly up to Maine instead! :p

We actually overheard someone complaining about what a rip-off our cruise was because it only stopped at 3 ports instead of 4, and if they had just run the ship a full speed we could have gone to 4 ports. He actually commented that he would never cruise Carnival again because of this... We just laughed because we specially booked that cruise because we enjoy sea days.

I agree! I've heard people complain about the weather. :rolleyes:

For those waiting for reviews, just go ahead and look at the review boards! there are hundreds of reviews about the triumph, and 90% of them are good, so I don't think there's anything to worry about. There's no need to panic because 2 or 3 people found a lot they didn't like

I'm going on a 7 day cruise on the Triumph to the Eastern Caribbean and my total cost for everything (the cruise, airfare, transfers, insurance and shore excursions) is less than $1300. I have a cabin with a window (1A-2445). That's less than what I'd pay for just a solo inside cabin (not to mention the rest of the costs) on any other cruise line for the week I'm going. I expect to get exactly what I paid for and I plan to have a wonderful time.

I'm going on a 7 day cruise on the Triumph to the Eastern Caribbean and my total cost for everything (the cruise, airfare, transfers, insurance and shore excursions) is less than $1300. I have a cabin with a window (1A-2445). That's less than what I'd pay for just a solo inside cabin (not to mention the rest of the costs) on any other cruise line for the week I'm going. I expect to get exactly what I paid for and I plan to have a wonderful time.

Great point!! I can overlook a lot knowing I'm paying "Walmart" instead of "Nordstrom" prices for my cruise.

For those waiting for reviews, just go ahead and look at the review boards! there are hundreds of reviews about the triumph, and 90% of them are good, so I don't think there's anything to worry about....

What is concerning me, is the repeated reports of many elavtors not working, many hot tubs not working, the slide being closed, areas of the ship being closed, showers not draining, being reported recently. These are signs and symptoms of an ageing ship which might need a drydock. Also reports of these types of items not being fixed during the cruise. I've been on enough cruises and read these boards enough to weed out the BS complaints. The trick is to pick out the subtle warning signs, and my nose is starting to twitch.

And I expect to get exactly what Carnival advertises for the money they charge me.

One of the reasons we chose this ship is because it has many features that cater to kids/teens which Carnival proudly points out...Water slide, pools, etc. I expect those things to be in working order. If not remove them from the brochures.

It is a bit disturbing when you have had a cruise booked for months and read these recent experiences. I can't wait to hear from those of you who will be going before me. We have sailed on new ships (Conquest), old ships (Commodore), big ships(Soveriegn-back in the day when it was big), and small ships (Dolphin). I hope we are open minded enough to know all things will not be perfect. I do think things should be in working order and I will be sure and inquire and report anything that isn't. Those are items that have plenty of time in the next few weeks to be corrected. I plan to have a good time no matter what! I will be sure and post a review when returning. :rolleyes:

and small ships (Dolphin). I hope we are open minded enough to know all things will not be perfect.

Well I hope at least the decks will be straight and level! (Not to mention the ship hasn't visited Alang yet!;))

It is a bit disturbing when you have had a cruise booked for months and read these recent experiences. I can't wait to hear from those of you who will be going before me. We have sailed on new ships (Conquest), old ships (Commodore), big ships(Soveriegn-back in the day when it was big), and small ships (Dolphin). I hope we are open minded enough to know all things will not be perfect. I do think things should be in working order and I will be sure and inquire and report anything that isn't. Those are items that have plenty of time in the next few weeks to be corrected. I plan to have a good time no matter what! I will be sure and post a review when returning. :rolleyes:

Hi Soccermom! We'll be on the Triumph in three weeks also! I've been on two NCL cruises and a Holland America. I'm just going with the intention of having a great time and trying not to let these reviews make me look for issues!

I am also looking at maybe going on the Triumph in June or July. I picked this ship due to the itinerary and wanting to see two new ports. I will also take this review with a grain of salt. I am just happy to be away from work and on a ship. I generally don't look at small things, like stains on carpet, etc. However, the hot tub not working would annoy me. I walk mostly so the elevators not working would not be a problem. I love the layout of the older ships actually more than Valor, Glory, etc.

Maybe the OP could copy and paste this entire thread into an email and send it to Carnival so these things can be taken care of. Just a thought.

Waiting to hear the reviews of the people going on this weekend. Hope you all have an awesome cruise, great weather and the time of your lives.

I am sailing on the Triumph in July. Although I agree that opinions on food, service and condition of the ship is all relative depending on the expectaions of the poster, I DO expect everything to be in working order. At least things that impact my trip. Do I mind if the drawers in my dresser don't work right or door to the bathroom sticks? No, that's not what I am talking about.

I would be very upset if for my first cruise (which it is), I could not use the hottubs or the waterslide. And I would also be upset if a lot of the elevators were out of order at the same time.

A combination of those would probably make me think badly of Carnival.

But, I do intend to enjoy my cruise to the best of my ability. My gang does try to make the best of any situation.:D

Please write a mini review when you return especially about the cabin as i am booked in 2444 in November. Pictures would be great too!:D Thanks!

We sailed on the Triumph a couple of weeks ago..some observations from us..

Embarkation and Debarkation were a cluster to put it politely..never in all my Carnival cruises have I experienced such non communication between employees and passengers..This was the first time we experienced having to go to 4 areas just to get on the ship...first in the terminal to present cruise docs..then on to get our room key in another area..then to another area to get our pics taken and then once on the ship we were sent to the London Dining room to get our S & S card "activated"..only to be told by the staff in the dining room that our credit card ..a Carnival credit card mind you...had already been activated since we had pre purchased our shore excursions online using the card...great...we were a bit upset about having to stand inline to get this done and then finding out we didn't need to be there to begin with..BUT we were NOT going to let this ruin our cruise..off to the Lido and food...we were FINALLY on board...met our steward..or would she be a stewardess??? anyway Chitlada from Thailand was awesome..took care of our every need...our waiter and assistant waiter June and Avalon were awesome..in fact we thought the "crew" were the friendliest we had ever had...everyone always said good morning or good afternoon..always asked how our day went...we didnt experience any grumpy ones...

NOW comes the fun part...we are sitting with a group of strangers..not our regular tablemates..it was "open seating" night...and Dh orders a beer..mind you we had been "charging" all along..the bar waitress comes back and said..I'm sorry but there is a problem with your account and it has been frozen and you must come to the Purser's desk to straighten out the problem...WHAT THE HECK???????????? so DH leaves the table and on his way out he asked the Maitre D what the quickest way was to get to the Purser's Desk..the Maire D asks if there is a problem..DH says yes and proceeds to tell him what happend. The Maitre D calls the pursers desk and hands the phone to DH..DH asks to have the card released for dinner and he would be down after to straighten things out...the person who answered the phone couldn't do that but he would ask his supervisor..he put DH on hold, but acutally disconnect him...so off the PD DH went..they told him that our card had not been activated...what do you mean??? not activated...we stood inline in the London Diningroom only to be told it wasn't activated...they WOULDN'T release it for dinner soooooooooo off to the cabin to get the card, which of course was in the safe...thennnnn down to the diningroom to get me..the card was in my name...then back to the PD to get the card activated..NEVER in all my life have I been soooo embarassed..when asked WHY we were able to use the card prior to this...we were told that they allow 3 charges and then they freeze the account...why didn't they notify us that the account was frozen??? they said we should have been given a "second receipt" with each charge to tell us to come to the pursers desk, that there was a problem...NOPE never received a second slip...there is a phone in our room...they could have called...they didn't...there is a "message function" on the TV under your S&S folio...NO message...they could have slipped one under the door, like they do everything else...nope didn't do that...I was near tears I was so upset...all they could do was say..We're sorry...and that didn't even seem sincere...sooooo long story short..we sat down to dinner 45 minutes later with new people..it was awful..

The ship itself did show signs of wear, but given the number of people they accommodate, it's bound too...I noticed the "sewer smell" only once and it wasn't for very long..this was on the Upper Deck..port side aft..

We thought the food was good..not outstanding, but definitely good...the steaks were on the tough side, but like the OP..the chicken was delicious..as were the escargot...YUM YUM YUM...

Before we knew it the week was over and time to pack..we specifically went to the Purser's Desk to ask about "early" debarkation since our airline had "altered" our flight times by 45 mins and we now had to be at the airport at 11am for our noon flight..no problem they said...just be in the Rome Lounge by 8am and we would be off the ship around 8:30 right after all the "self assist" passengers were off.....great...plenty of time.. WRONG AGAIN...it seemed that half the ship was self assist...I know that is an exaggeration, but honestly...there were people and lots and lots of luggage clogging every aisle and corrider around the lounge...we finally got off the ship just after 10am and at that we left with some of the self assist...only to encounter LINES LINES LINES..masses of humanity all trying to get into 5 custom lines...3 for US citizens and 2 for others...we grabbed a porter..paid him $20 to get us thru the line as fast as possible and also grab us a taxi..he did a great job but we still missed our flight..we were 3 minutes too late for check in....long story short we arrived home late Sat night..our luggage..well it arrived on Monday...what a disaster...we are scheduled to sail on Valor in Oct and we are asking ourselves if we want another "Miami Experience"..

As I said we have sailed on Carnival many times..we will do it again..but maybe not out of Miami...Does anyone know if the Valor has the same embarkation procedures as the Triumph??

Thanks,

M-E

OMG :eek: I booked this trip for my daughters H.S graduation trip :D and just found this board,somehow I wish that I didnt :( !!

After reading these horror stories :confused: Im wondering if I made a mistake-but yet see that I can't really change it now...ugh :o

Since we are leaving next week I will be glad to post my experience when we get back....

Archived