OK...so, when are the newer ships set to sail?

And are they going to be doing European runs for how long? We were originally going to try the kids on a short (5 day) cruise, but have decided to wait another year and "upgrade" to a 7-8 day cruise. Kids have decided they'd rather do a cruise than do Disney (thank GOD, as upon doing a little research, we can get everyone on a week long cruise for just a bit more than just the damn GATE admissions to the parks).

Looking to do Caribbean, not real particular as to which side (although I am particular about which ports I want to take small kids into). Southern route has TOO many ports.

We've all ready done Triumph and Valor. Looking for a new ship. I was hoping one of the newer ships would be working a Caribbean route by 4/09.

Any thoughts on Glory/Western? Or Liberty/Eastern? How is Belize, as far as locals and safety factor? San Juan?

An article I read here on CC (not a post, but an article) said these are the new ones coming out: Splendor (08), Dream (09), Magic (2011) I don't know the itinerary.

Belize, we did an excursion to Bannister Island, so we didn't actually go into the port of Belize. Good luck with your choice!

And then a follow up question, which carnival ship will retire ? I'm thinking the Holiday ?

They are talking about the Holiday and Celebration being sold to a partner company out of Spain.

Fred

Yes definitely look into booking the FREEDOM! for your family.

Freedom is doing 8 day and 6 day cruises. I have an 8 day booked for 11/22/08. It just started sailing a couple of months ago. The Splendor will be sailing by that time also but I picked the Freedom due to different ports.

Freedom is doing 8 day and 6 day cruises. I have an 8 day booked for 11/22/08. It just started sailing a couple of months ago. The Splendor will be sailing by that time also but I picked the Freedom due to different ports.

I booked a 7 day on freedom! 12/6!

Archived