White River Tubing Question

tineedancer

If we take the Dunn's River Falls, River Tubing, and Reggae Beach Tour with Marva...do we have to climb up the Falls? My husband and I both have had knee surgery and climbing is a bit difficult. Hope you have an answer for us?

Thanks alot,

tineedancer

Are you interested in seeing the falls even if you can't climb them? If it's not a big deal to you to skip the falls, ask Marva to do something else. She's extremely flexible with her tours.

You don't have to climb up the falls themselves. There is a good path that goes down alongside the falls if you want to go down toward the beach and see some of the falls without climbing them. The path is cement and does have a lot of steps but you could take it slow going down and back up to save your knees. I think there might be a couple of benches along the way. You could stay at the beach while others climb the falls, if you want.

I wouldn't climb the falls with bad knees. You could even stay in the shopping area at the top of the falls, but I wouldn't recommend it due to very pushy vendors. Or you could just relax outside that area near the entrance. There are some nice shady areas there.

Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of the walk along the falls.

The previous poster had a good suggestion in hiring a private guide who will tailor your tour to your wants.

Archived