Perfumery

KAWS

Dear Writeratsea, pch and janetjulie,

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your information! My DH and I, along with some friends of ours are headed to Bermuda in July, and CAN'T WAIT!! :D We were definitely interested in doing the Perfumery and the museum that featured the Confederate blockade runners, and unfortunately our time will be very limited in St. George. I think we're only going to be docked there for about 5 hours. It's nice to know that the perfumery can be done pretty quickly (if I can just make up my mind in a short time as to what perfume I want to bring home :eek: ). Thanks again, for all of your all's suggestions!

Melinda

Sometimes when I'm trying to pick a perfume it may smell wonderful at first blush, then I find later on that I really don't care for it. The Perfumery sells a wonderful collection that is quite nice called The Perfume Library. It has 9 vials of scents, 7 women's and 2 mens all packaged in a nice metal tin, and reasonable priced. Also, they'll put it in their pink signature shopping bag. Gives you a chance to really try them out when you get home and avoids getting one that's not quite right, especially when you won't have a whole lot of time there. If you find you really love one of them you can go to their web site and they will ship.

Sometimes when I'm trying to pick a perfume it may smell wonderful at first blush, then I find later on that I really don't care for it. The Perfumery sells a wonderful collection that is quite nice called The Perfume Library. It has 9 vials of scents, 7 women's and 2 mens all packaged in a nice metal tin, and reasonable priced. Also, they'll put it in their pink signature shopping bag. Gives you a chance to really try them out when you get home and avoids getting one that's not quite right, especially when you won't have a whole lot of time there. If you find you really love one of them you can go to their web site and they will ship.

Good information to know! Not only will I grab up one of these for me, but these sound like they would make great gifts for my girlfriends back home.

OK here's what I've compiled from all the postings for my Bermuda "guide". Can you tell me if this is all correct? If so, this will be my day. Sounds like a good one to me!

Here goes:

Bermuda

First of all buy your bus pass on the ship to save line up time on shore.

Taking the number one bus to John Smith's bay from St. George will give you a great view of Bermuda.

You will go along Harrington Sound through Tucker's Town, a wealthy area of Bermuda people seldom see. The bus goes right through the golf courses and is quite a spectacular ride. Just tell the bus driver that you want to get off at John Smith's.

When you leave the beach, just cross the road (South Road), and go down the hill about 200 feet to Harrington Sound Road. At the bottom of the hill, turn right, there is a bus stop where you can catch the number 3 bus to the Aquarium.

You need to take the bus heading towards Hamilton, make sure the pole at the bus stop is pink, which tells you the bus is heading towards Hamilton. (If the pole is blue, you are going away from Hamilton).

If you have time, to the left of the bottom of the hill is the Devil's Hole Aquarium. It used to be a cave, but during a hurricane the top blew off leaving a natural water hole. The fish can swim in, but can't get out. You can feed the fish with hookless lines. They also raised giant turtles from hatchlings and they are amazing to see. It is an interesting stop before the aquarium.

You take the #3 bus until you get to Flatts, and get off for the aquarium. Take a 10 or 11 bus to get to the Swizzle Inn.

After lunch and/or ice cream, take another 10 or 11 bus back to St. George. St. George is a small place and you can see and do a lot of different things because it is so compact. The Perfumery is located on Queen Street in Stewart Hall. From King's Square, where town hall is, take a left onto Duke of York Street. At St Peter's Anglican Church, take a right on Queen Street. Up the hill about 100 feet, on the left is the Perfumery. You can take a guided tour, which explains how perfume is made. They also have samples for you to try and smell in the display area. The perfume is priced reasonably and makes an attractive souvenir or gift.

Behind the Anglican Church is a graveyard with a panoramic view of the docked cruise ship. There is also an immense piece of driftwood Bermuda Cedar that creates a great photo as well.

Everything in St. George is within walking distance, and you are close to the ship, so you don't have to worry about missing it. Enjoy your time in Bermuda. But you will be so enraptured by Bermuda and all you didn't have time to see, that you will be back.

OK here's what I've compiled from all the postings for my Bermuda "guide". Can you tell me if this is all correct? If so, this will be my day. Sounds like a good one to me!

Here goes:

Bermuda

Taking the number one bus to John Smith's bay from St. George will give you a great view of Bermuda.

You will go along Harrington Sound through Tucker's Town, a wealthy area of Bermuda people seldom see. The bus goes right through the golf courses and is quite a spectacular ride. Just tell the bus driver that you want to get off at John Smith's.

When you leave the beach, just cross the road (South Road), and go down the hill about 200 feet to Harrington Sound Road. At the bottom of the hill, turn right, there is a bus stop where you can catch the number 3 bus to the Aquarium.

You need to take the bus heading towards Hamilton, make sure the pole at the bus stop is pink, which tells you the bus is heading towards Hamilton. (If the pole is blue, you are going away from Hamilton).

If you have time, to the left of the bottom of the hill is the Devil's Hole Aquarium. It used to be a cave, but during a hurricane the top blew off leaving a natural water hole. The fish can swim in, but can't get out. You can feed the fish with hookless lines. They also raised giant turtles from hatchlings and they are amazing to see. It is an interesting stop before the aquarium.

You take the #3 bus until you get to Flatts, and get off for the aquarium. Take a 10 or 11 bus to get to the Swizzle Inn.

After lunch and/or ice cream, take another 10 or 11 bus back to St. George. St. George is a small place and you can see and do a lot of different things because it is so compact. The Perfumery is located on Queen Street in Stewart Hall. From King's Square, where town hall is, take a left onto Duke of York Street. At St Peter's Anglican Church, take a right on Queen Street. Up the hill about 100 feet, on the left is the Perfumery. You can take a guided tour, which explains how perfume is made. They also have samples for you to try and smell in the display area. The perfume is priced reasonably and makes an attractive souvenir or gift.

Behind the Anglican Church is a graveyard with a panoramic view of the docked cruise ship. There is also an immense piece of driftwood Bermuda Cedar that creates a great photo as well.

Everything in St. George is within walking distance, and you are close to the ship, so you don't have to worry about missing it. Enjoy your time in Bermuda. But you will be so enraptured by Bermuda and all you didn't have time to see, that you will be back.

And...that's just the tip of the iceberg. We're headed back for our 6th time this fall. We've done some things that aren't on your list but we've also missed some of the things that are on it. It seems there's always something or somewhere else to explore.

Bermuda isn't a razzledazzle sort of place so it doesn't appeal to everyone, either you "get it" or you don't. Sounds like to you're off to a good start for discovering the beauty of Bermuda.

Have a Bermudaful vacation.:)

Here goes:

Bermuda

Yes this sounds like it is all correct. I would only add that if you can't buy the bus pass aboard the ship, you will have to go to Caffe Latte. It is an internet cafe, I believe located on Water Street. It is behind the liquor store where you catch the bus to Hamilton. Apparently, they have switched the bus tickets from the Visitor's Bureau in the square to this shop. The cafe had excellent coffee, not Dunkin Donuts equal more on a par to Starbucks. The internet service on the ship was so poor, that it would be worth waiting until you got here. Depending on how much time you have left, the caves are located right near the Swizzle Inn. It is just a question of how crowded they would be. In St. George itself, don't forget the Globe Hotel, which has the Confederate Museum open to 4 PM. And near city hall is the store that has both blown glass and rum cakes. These are all close enough to the ship that you can do as a last minute look/see.

Hope that all this information creates a memorable day in Bermuda for you. It worked for us. Enjoy your trip. I guarentee that it will the first of many.

Edward:)

Hope that all this information creates a memorable day in Bermuda for you. It worked for us. Enjoy your trip. I guarentee that it will the first of many.

Edward:)

Edward, thank you so much for all your help and information. You can count on the fact that as I'm enjoying my wonderful day in Bermuda I will be thinking of you and knowing that my day was so well planned out because of you.

Three weeks tomorrow our ship sails; I'm so excited!!

Archived