Star Princess and Dining Options?!

JettaGirl

I am new to Princess cruises and have a few questions about dinner. I have previously cruised on the Carnival Elation where you have a set time for dinner and a set table number to sit at every night.

It sounds like on Princess, it is somewhat different. I have heard of "personal choice dining." How exactly does dinner work? Are you assigned a specific table?

Me and my bf are wanting the late seating and want a table for 2. How possible is it for this to happen.

BTW we are going on the Star Princess. Are there any restuarants on this ship that you pay extra for?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

I don't think the Star has any tables for two in the trraditional dining room. However the two "PC dining rooms" have loads of tables for two. If you want when you get on the ship you can make a reservation for the sametime everynight for a table for two or you can just show up whenever you are ready to eat and request a table for two. That is what we usually do. We've never had to wait more than 10 minutes.

Sabatinis and Sterling Steakhouse are the two restuarants that cost extra.

Scott

Archived