A couple of S&S questions

62 Cruiser

Does the Fountain Fun Cards come out of S&S account or do you pay cash for them before you open account?

Does the tips at the end of the cruise come out of S&S or do you give cash?

The reason I am asking is I am trying to determine how much to make sure I put in S&S. Don't really want to have a lot left for a refund check from Carnival. I would rather have the cash for the trip home.

Thanks!!

9 days and counting!!!

Most people use a credit card to link to the S&S account. Your charges go on the S&S and then your credit card is charged at the end of the cruise. You may also use a debit card, but they put a hold on your debit card and sometimes it takes a while after the cruise for that hold to be released. You may also use cash.

If you want to put down cash for your S&S account, there is a minimum amount, based on the number of days of your cruise. I think a 7-day cruise requires $200 or $250 per person.

Yes, your auto-tips (gratuities) will go onto your S&S account. They will be charged on the day of embarkation (1st day). They are $10 per person per day, broken down as follows:

$3.50 dining room waiter and assistant

$5.50 cabin steward

$1.00 Lido Bistro Service (cooks, etc.)

I don't know anything about the soda card, as I have never bought one, but I would assume it would be charged to your S&S account just as all purchases onboard the ship are.

Have fun! :)

My drink card & Carnival drink cup(optional) came out of my S&S card.

We pre-paid our gratuities. Normally they do come out of your S&S card.

You can check your S&S account in your cabin on your TV & keep your account paid up if you want to or wait until the end of the cruise to pay it...either by cash or credit/debit card.I won $512.00 on a nickle machine & paid my account off with that....then hit the photo gallery & ran it back up again...:D

The only time you will use cash on the ship is at the bar and at the photo shop on the morning of embarkation-

so your soda cards will be purshased using the sign and sail card.

tips will be the first posted listing on your sign and sail account-- they take them out first.. 10.00per person per day

The reason I am asking is I am trying to determine how much to make sure I put in S&S. Don't really want to have a lot left for a refund check from Carnival. I would rather have the cash for the trip home.

Don't worry about it, if you get a refund check slipped under the door on the last night, you can cash it in the morning at the pursers desk before you get off the ship.

Does the Fountain Fun Cards come out of S&S account or do you pay cash for them before you open account?

Does the tips at the end of the cruise come out of S&S or do you give cash?

Thanks!!

9 days and counting!!!

First - I hope you have a GREAT cruise!

Second - You 'can' use your S&S card right away to purchase your soda card BUT I suggest you purchase your soda card AFTER you are out to sea and the ship has opened their tax free shop. We made the mistake of purchasing our soda card while still in the port in Miami and had to pay 15% Miami tax. We demanded a refund and then repurchased it when out to sea - it then cost the advertised price.

Third - They deducted the $140.00 (for both of us) out of our account in the very beginning.

We had $500 in our account and we owed them $34 at the end of the cruise. We did pay for a shore excursion out of it, photos, drinks, gift shop items, etc.

BON VOYAGE!

Second - You 'can' use your S&S card right away to purchase your soda card BUT I suggest you purchase your soda card AFTER you are out to sea and the ship has opened their tax free shop. We made the mistake of purchasing our soda card while still in the port in Miami and had to pay 15% Miami tax. We demanded a refund and then repurchased it when out to sea - it then cost the advertised price.

Third - They deducted the $140.00 (for both of us) out of our account in the very beginning.

We had $500 in our account and we owed them $34 at the end of the cruise. We did pay for a shore excursion out of it, photos, drinks, gift shop items, etc.

BON VOYAGE!

Sales tax in Florida is 6%, not 15%. For a 7 day cruise, that will add $2.31 to your soda card purchase. If you're going to have so much as one soda before you leave port, there's no point waiting.

If, on the other hand, $2.31 is going to spoil your vacation, by all means go thirsty for the first few hours on the ship and buy it after you pass through the cut.

Don't worry about it, if you get a refund check slipped under the door on the last night, you can cash it in the morning at the pursers desk before you get off the ship.

That I did not know.....Thank you. I just didn't want some check that would take several days to clear when I got back home. Cash works so much better.

BON VOYAGE!

Carnival does not charge Sales Tax when purchasing the soda card when in port. The extra 15% charge is the Gratuity. There will be tables set up on the deck as you make your way to the lunch buffet where you can purchase your soda card...but there is NO sales tax.

Archived