Beaches, Rentals at Playa del Carmen

We would like to go to the beach and maybe do a little shopping while stopping at Calica.

Is Playa Del Carmen the place to go for the beach then a little mexican shopping???

Are there chair rentals, snorkel etc. ????????

Thanks

Hola amigo,

There are several places in PDC to do beach time and shop. No problem with chairs food or drinks and the people are nice. I am sure that snorkel gear is available, I just don't know where. We have our own so I never paid attention to the gear rentals.

We stayed at Playa-Maya for a week in May. It has a great beach, food, lounge chairs, umbrellas, and service. It is not crowded like the public beach. It is located on calle 8 (8th street) 1 block east of 5th. avenue, right on the beach. It is next to the Alhambra Hotel which sits on 8th street. The entrance to Playa-Maya is only from the beach.

Tell your cabbie, he will know where it is. He will even come back to take you back to the ship if you arrange it. The taxi stands are located on 5th. Ave. 1 block N. or S of calle 8. I recommend the ceviche, guacamole & pico de gayo.

Their restaurant closes at 5:30 pm but 5th. ave is loaded with great places to eat and is 1 block away. The Parilla on the N/E corner of 5th ave & 8th st. has fish grilled in a plaintain (banana) leaf.

Enjoy

Archived