How do you all feel about GTYs?

tammymacb

I got the "best" ( well, not best, but fine rooms that I was ok with) for several cruises. Then, I got the upgrade that landed me directly below the disco. :eek:

Guess what, same exact thing happened to us. I was also a Guaranteed Inside Cabin Snob until they fired the Upgrade Fairy, or they said she was on Vacation or something because I landed the Cabin from HELL :eek: Yes it was a 4E high up on Panaroma Deck but I was right under the Aft Swimming pool with all of the deck chairs and kids running back and forth to the Ice Cream machine. We had our strings of luck with guarantee upgrades, but we won't be playing the lotto anymore. :D

Fred

Guess what, same exact thing happened to us. I was also a Guaranteed Inside Cabin Snob until they fired the Upgrade Fairy, or they said she was on Vacation or something because I landed the Cabin from HELL :eek: Yes it was a 4E high up on Panaroma Deck but I was right under the Aft Swimming pool with all of the deck chairs and kids running back and forth to the Ice Cream machine. We had our strings of luck with guarantee upgrades, but we won't be playing the lotto anymore. :D

Fred

I don't play the lottery either! I get what I can afford at the time (either a cat 11 or a balcony) and book my cabin. No surprises for me!:eek:

This is my personal choice, but I would never consider a guarantee. My cabin location is extremely important to me. The difference in price is not substantial enough for me to chance the cabin I get. I wish this weren't the case, as it would be somewhat cheaper for me to book a guarantee, and apparently some actually get a way better cabin going this route.

Archived