free water?

bbkitty

feel stupid asking this BUT...I've read all about how lemonade, tea, etc. are free - soda and everything else there is a charge. What does everyone drink with dinner in the dining room? I have never been a soda drinker, or lemonade or ice tea for that matter. I always drink water with my meals. So...do they have the traditional glasses of water on the table already? Because I know the last few years I have been to plenty of places where they don't do that anymore b/c of waste vs water supplies.

So, if they ask me what I want to drink at dinner and I say water are they going to bring me a bottle of water and charge me for it?

Sorry this sounds so dumb!

feel stupid asking this BUT...I've read all about how lemonade, tea, etc. are free - soda and everything else there is a charge. What does everyone drink with dinner in the dining room? I have never been a soda drinker, or lemonade or ice tea for that matter. I always drink water with my meals. So...do they have the traditional glasses of water on the table already? Because I know the last few years I have been to plenty of places where they don't do that anymore b/c of waste vs water supplies.

So, if they ask me what I want to drink at dinner and I say water are they going to bring me a bottle of water and charge me for it?

What do I drink with dinner? Wine generally :p But they have ice water... all ice water on the ship is free (up on the lido deck, dining rooms, etc), you pay for bottled water.

It does not sound like a dumb question...in fact I think it is a good question...don't we teach our children that all questions are good questions!

Remember, if you thought it, at the least a handful of other folks thought the same question.

I understand wanting to know about water, I am a water drinker, too.

...keep flushing the system...:)

Have a great cruise!

ps...I am sure you saw your answer...tap water all you want...it is filtered and good...however, I plan to have water dropped off in my cabin...let me know if you want the number of the company...

Just read this little book and it relates that during the filming of AFRICAN QUEEN hepburn and the rest of the cast drank only bottled water and got very sick while Bogart and director Huston stuck to whisky and had no problems. Maybe there is a message there? Unfortunately you will have to buy it or get it from your local library as I am sure that they won't have a copy on a Carnival ship. It's only in hardcover and costs $14.95-too steep for them but maybe someone will leaver a copy on board.

that's right, that's right..i forgot all the threads about people being concerned about drinking the water!

i'm going to try and bring a 6 pack of bottled water so i can refill.

oh, and to the person who said they never heard of a water supply problem: alot of restaurants dont' bring it unless you ask for it because tons of people never drink their water and then they have to dump and wash the glass anyway (waste). Just like pre-dinner salads are missing in alot of places in the midwest i've noticed, because traditionally midwesterners are not big salad eaters and that's TONS of salad going to waste. now, i don't want a bunch of teed off midwesterners who eat salad all the time yelling at me...i've seen it in ALOT of places lately. one fancy place i was at on Lake Pepin, the dinner was SO expensive and we straight up told them at the end of the meal how hey, we didn't get a salad, never got any bread, nobody ever came to check on us, etc. and thats' when they told us about the salad waste deal. i travel to florida alot and that's probably where i noticed the water deal and asked about it. But anyway, thanks for the reminder of the tap water! I'm good to go! (and in three short months too!):)

Yea, it's a crazy question but has been asked before. :eek:

There are glasses and ice and water everywhere they serve food.

Just like a restaurant.

If you want bottled water, it is available for a fee.

that's right, that's right..i forgot all the threads about people being concerned about drinking the water!

i'm going to try and bring a 6 pack of bottled water so i can refill.

oh, and to the person who said they never heard of a water supply problem: alot of restaurants dont' bring it unless you ask for it because tons of people never drink their water and then they have to dump and wash the glass anyway (waste). Just like pre-dinner salads are missing in alot of places in the midwest i've noticed, because traditionally midwesterners are not big salad eaters and that's TONS of salad going to waste. now, i don't want a bunch of teed off midwesterners who eat salad all the time yelling at me...i've seen it in ALOT of places lately. one fancy place i was at on Lake Pepin, the dinner was SO expensive and we straight up told them at the end of the meal how hey, we didn't get a salad, never got any bread, nobody ever came to check on us, etc. and thats' when they told us about the salad waste deal. i travel to florida alot and that's probably where i noticed the water deal and asked about it. But anyway, thanks for the reminder of the tap water! I'm good to go! (and in three short months too!):)

You don't have to worry about it on a cruise, as mentioned... they make their own water, and they have plenty to replenish from ;)

I would say to just ask your waiter for a glass of ice water. That way hopefully they won't bring you a bottle and charge you. ;)

Based on my experience, if you have to ask your waiter for a glass of water then it must be their first day.

Archived