Diving in Belize?

tammymacb

According to the thread.... and I have read most of it...if I remember right, the dive op did a second dive and then had issues getting them back to the pier. There were allot of issues and questions on the thread... which left most people, I think, wondering if it was in fact true that they were on a ship sponsred excursion.. or if it did at all happen.

The point I was making was that I wouldn't want to be left on the pier in a country such as Belize with limited money, limited clothes and limited documents. Now, if I was left on the pier in Cozumel... well, that might be ok, cus I would just end up retiring there and never leaving. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Valor and booked the ship excursion which was with Hugh Parkey's last year. The dive boat picked us up off of the ship (anchored offshore) and we didn't have to ever tender into the port. The dive masters were awesome/funny/attentive and it was very convenient. Just my 2cents!

Have to agree with you about Hugh Parkey's. It was convenient and the divemasters were outstanding. We are thinking about going back to Belize and staying at their resort. The biggest problem we have found in the 2 times we dove with the ship in Belize was some of the other divers who from our point of view were dangerous.

Have dove with Aquadives from a cruise ship last November for two dives

and recently (a week in early June) with El Pescador's dive op, Unda the

Sea...no comparison..Alonzo, dive master with Unda the Sea took me out (eight consecutive dives over 5 days) with a group of two--at the most

you will have four divers..he is the most competent, educational, ecological-minded dive master I have dived with in almost 50 dives (25 from cruise ships)...You would have to take your ship's tender to Belize City, catch a cab to Airport, fly either Maya Air, or Tropic Air (prefer) to San Pedro...El Pescador will pick u up at pier in San Pedro (6 minute ride to their resort)..then you will have two glorious dives...if you're interested, go to www.elpescador.com...

u can check recent trip reports by going to

el pescador on Trip Advisor.com..good luck, and great diving!

• 2 weeks later...

What cruise are you going on, Tammy? We are also diving in those locations, so I wonder if we are on the same ship! I have booked on my own for everywhere except for Belize. The diving in Belize is not close to Belize City, where we tender, and I have heard nothing but praise for Hugh Parkey's (which is who Carnival uses) on scubaboard, so I saw no reason not to dive with them. The other ports, I saw no reason to dive with the ship!!

Archived