Another frustrating experience with US Air

greatam

I need to go to my niece's graduation next weekend in Reno. My preferred carrier is AA. But to get to RNO on AA, I have to fly to Dallas, then back to LAX, then on Alaska to Reno. Even though I would fly first class most of the way (top tier AA elite), still too much flying for a 700 mile trip. So decided to take the US Air nonstop to Reno.

Tried for over an hour to book the ticket online. Kept getting a message-" a portion of our website in not responding" blah, blah, blah

Called internet services. What a disaster!!!! Agent asked for credit card number immediately. Then told me I had no flight bookrf. REALLY???? Wasn't that what I called for and my original statement to you-"I am having trouble getting this booking to go through"???

The language barrier was so great, I had to ask her to repeat phrases frequently. Then she informed me the ticket was $406, NOT $322.00. I said NO, I want the web price-not my fault your computers are down AGAIN.

After almost an hour on the phone (and asking for the credit card # twice more), I finally got the ticket booked at $322.00. I will look at my cc statement tomorrow to see how many flights I actually paid for. Hopefully only one.

What a frustrating experience!!! Thank goodness for AA. They really do know why I fly and fly AA almost exclusively.

Archived