Snuba... has anyone tried it?

flyingb

As my sig shows we are going to the Caribbean Thanksgiving week. I am an active 'senior citizen' and would like to know more about snuba diving. Does the mask cover you eyes and nose? I Googled snuba gear but can't tell much about the details. :o Help someone?

Luv's Crusin'

As my sig shows we are going to the Caribbean Thanksgiving week. I am an active 'senior citizen' and would like to know more about snuba diving. Does the mask cover you eyes and nose? I Googled snuba gear but can't tell much about the details. :o Help someone?

Luv's Crusin'

Yes the mask covers your eyes and nose. You actually use almost the same equipment as you would for scuba. You just won't have the tank on your back, it will be on the surface in a small raft. The hose is usally not much longer than 20-25 feet.

I have done this a few times a long time ago. It is a great way to experience the feeling of scuba, and decide if you want to go the next step.

Have fun!!!

Luv's Crusin'

We snuba'd in Maui and it was soooo cool and gets you alot further downward (25 ft - 30 ft) instead of 10-15 with just snorkeling. It also allows you to see different sea life that lives just that much further downward.

The mask is a normal snorkel mask - covers your eyes and nose, then the breather is attached to a "float" that is filled with oxygen - you are weighted and get flippers - there is a guide that goes with you too - they point out a lot of neat stuff.

My husband and I SNUBA'd in St. Thomas just last week and loved it. We got to see more than just snorkeling. The equipment is very carefree, on your end at least. The diver with you will take care of everything else.

Just go do it and have fun!

And get an underwater camera!!!

Danielle

Snuba was great. I did it in key west and the reef was the third biggest in the world! I signed up with a bunch of friends in St. Thomas and they usually take 4 people in a group, but we had 5, so they lady asked if one of us wanted to do scuba! A split second later i agreed! it was amazinggggg i didnt even have to be certified! Snuba is a really great expierence

Archived