What are you paying for your cruise?

extreme

We paid $1096 for our upcoming Fantasy 5 day cruise (September 8). That's for 4 people, inside stateroom on Empress Deck.

We are doing the same cruise next April, with an inside guarantee, for $1254.72 for the 4 of us.

Prices include tax, but not gratuities.

We're also going on the NCL Spirit in December - cashed in some Sea Miles and all we had to pay was port charges and taxes - so it came to about $500 for the 4 of us for a 7 day cruise.

Mardi Gras week 2008 Fantasy Total $1197.36 (For two ) Ocean View, 5 Day.(New Orleans)

The week after Mardi Gras the price is almost half. This year the school system here In st. Tammany is off for the whole week, and because wife is a school teacher only time we can go.

I always keep it at $100.00 pp/pd for a balcony cabin I pick myself

Do you use a regular Travel Agent, an on-line site, or direct with cruise lines?

We try to keep to $100 pp/day but we haven't been lucky enough to get balconies. How do you do it?

Carol

Well, this one is a pricey one. My DH and I are going to Europe for 12 days. For both of us we are paying $6600.00 plus some change, and we only have a outside stateroom. This also includes all the taxes and our tips. But of course it does not figure in the cost of staying in London and Rome one night each at a hotel and all our excursions. I am guessing when it is all said and done, probably over twelve grand which I am not complaining about at all, we are going to London, Paris, Rome and many more ports.

Well, this one is a pricey one. My DH and I are going to Europe for 12 days. For both of us we are paying $6600.00 plus some change, and we only have a outside stateroom. This also includes all the taxes and our tips. But of course it does not figure in the cost of staying in London and Rome one night each at a hotel and all our excursions. I am guessing when it is all said and done, probably over twelve grand which I am not complaining about at all, we are going to London, Paris, Rome and many more ports.

We payed 1,231.46 for 6 day on Liberty in Oct. Guaranteed balcony and have been up graded to 8C Verandah deck mid ship. That does not include tips I can't wait!!!

We are paying for our September 8, 2007 cruise on the Triumph out of Miami about 1850 for the 2 of us. This is a week cruise.

This includes rountrip airfare from Newark to Miami 160 each.

Aft Balcony on the Empress Deck Category 8B $1403 for the two of us

Gratuity 140 for the two of us

I think that we did well.

on Carnival Liberty leaving 9/1 - we paid $979 for a balcony on the Veranda deck - think it was an 8C (but am not positive). We booked it in February and are past guests (but only one Carnival - not platinum). We thought it was a good rate (and still do). I do research it pretty well before approaching my travel agent with my "ideal price" - - and they have matched it every time.

$1082 pp incl. taxes and port charges for 4A guarantee on the Oct. 1, 2008, 12-night Grand Med cruise on the Carnival Freedom, PLUS $200 shipboard credit

I booked this in late June and haven't seen anything to beat it yet, but I keep looking!

Hi Neatokimmo....we are booked on the Triumph for 9/8! Will take real good care of her for you and be sure there is lobster and chocolate melting cake waiting when you arrive!! And, frozen yogart and pizza etc.

Where are you from in TN? I was raised in Chatt., came to Fl in the 60's.

To get to the question....we have a great TA and she will beat any price I give her. Not by tons, but $50 or so. I like to figure around $100 pp/pd is a good buy. I can stay home and spend that much!!!! And, still have rooms to clean, beds to make and meals to cook. No better deal anywhere for a TRUE vacation.

Alice in FL

I'll start it off with what i paid $1462 which included all taxes etc for my girlfried and I. It was an eight day on the legend. We went to cozumel,grand cayman,belize,and costa maya.

Well, we took a chance and did the "suite guarantee" for about $730...We ended up getting a penthouse! Never even had a baconey so I am pretty psyched. We do have an interline rate however, so that helps...

I'm jealous...

$1082 pp incl. taxes and port charges for 4A guarantee on the Oct. 1, 2008, 12-night Grand Med cruise on the Carnival Freedom, PLUS $200 shipboard credit

I booked this in late June and haven't seen anything to beat it yet, but I keep looking!

Inside cabin, with taxes, port charges, & insurance, booking less than a month away we paid 1239 for 4 of us on Fantasy in July. It was peak season, sold out ship. I know I could have gotten it lower had I booked earlier but had no clue I'd be going on a cruise in July.

In June we paid 722 pp for inside cabin on RCI Rhapsody. A few months after we booked the same cabin catagory was going for 1300 pp.

Pay what I can afford - when I can afford it. Have had inside, outside, and balconies - maybe someday a suite or better.....

It isn't about the money - it's all about the time away with the one (or ones,ie family) I love. Happy Cruising to all!;)

Archived