Tampa Hotel - Precruise

KathyB

We are planning a cruise on the Miracle next year and am wondering about hotels in Tampa area? Have never been to this part of Florida - are the hotels on the beach? Can anyone suggest a nice hotel for a precruise stay>

Thanks

Kathy

Guest Time2gocruzn

I have been looking for a hotel in that area as well. After reading about it on the board, I just booked the Sailport resort for our cruise in March. $149 for 6 people, 4 adults, 2 kids (although the # of people makes no difference in price) in a 2 br condo suite, with a convertable couch. They will pick you up at the airport, and have a shuttle to the port. I was told it was $25 for our entire group, and also told it was $25 per couple and $5 for each additional person in our group. I got them to agree to the $25 for our entire group though. Do a search on this board for sailport, I got lots of great info that way. Also here is the website www.sailport.com. They also have a pre/post cruise special for $104 for the 1 br suite. From what I understand they are more like condos, rather than a hotel. They have full kitchens, also.:)

I just stayed at the Sailport Resort last month. Our room (condo) was a 1 bedroom for $104. We utilized the shuttle service. Because we arrived so late the night before sailing, we opted to take a later shuttle so we could sleep in. They let us have a late check out without any problem. We caught the shuttle back to the hotel. Got off the ship at 10:00 (we had the "peach" tag color :( ) and were back at the hotel by 10:45. It took us a bit to find our luggage...our tag color wasn't displayed in the holding area. Overall, our room was pretty good. If staying for several days, might reconsider staying there, but for a place to crash before sailing, it fit our needs just fine.

Archived