Aft or port side

greatmom

I am getting ready to make my reservation for an Alaska cruise. I am booking a mini suite. What is the best location on an inside passage cruise aft or port side? I want to make sure I see everything. We will be cruising on NCL Pearl.

Thank You!

I am getting ready to make my reservation for an Alaska cruise. I am booking a mini suite. What is the best location on an inside passage cruise aft or port side? I want to make sure I see everything. We will be cruising on NCL Pearl.

Thank You!

My recommendation would be port side!

since you will be cruising glacier bay, the port side is best.

as you cruise glacier bay national park, the views are closer on the port side. the park rangers will be talking about what you are seeing on the port side. still recommend you go up to the top decks for the best viewing. when the ship pauses at the glaciers port side and the forward suites get the longest viewing times.

While we're on this topic; sailing the Dawn out of New York which side would the Statue of Liberty be on? It's a repo so we won't be coming back to New York. Thanks.

Thank You!

I agree with the port side. We did the Star when she did this same Pearl itinerary. Although the Captian turns the ship in Glacier Bay so all sides get to see it, the port side gets to see it on the approach.

Basically, here is what you will see:

Seattle: facing out to sea (downtown to the starboard

Juneau: I believe they use the AB dock down the street. If they back in like usual, the port side will face away from town.

Skagway: doesn't much matter, the town is ahead of the ship

Ketchikan: Port side faces the town

Victoria: the town is behind the ship. when we did the Star, the port side was the disembarkation side and faced another ship with the walkway between the ships.

While we're on this topic; sailing the Dawn out of New York which side would the Statue of Liberty be on? It's a repo so we won't be coming back to New York. Thanks.

Starboard side for the Statue of Liberty on the way out. POrt side faces downtown Manhatten

Starboard side for the Statue of Liberty on the way out. POrt side faces downtown Manhatten

Thank you, That's what I was hoping so I can take pictures from the balcony. I was afraid it might be difficult to get a clear shot if there was a crowd around. :)

I am also sailing from New York City and was wondering if the Statue would be on my side of the ship. Yes!! my cabins are on the starboard side...I was right to pick the right side of the ship!! I also want to take pictures as we pass Lady Liberty!! Now, when we return back to NYC, will the port side be on the Statue side? I know I'll have to get up early for those photos!

Also, since we will be sailing under the Varazano Bridge, where would be the best vantage point to take photos...on deck or from our cabins on the starboard side??? Just want/need to know if we need to position someone on deck with another camera.:confused:

Looking forward for everyone's help.

Dibogart

I am also sailing from New York City and was wondering if the Statue would be on my side of the ship. Yes!! my cabins are on the starboard side...I was right to pick the right side of the ship!! I also want to take pictures as we pass Lady Liberty!! Now, when we return back to NYC, will the port side be on the Statue side? I know I'll have to get up early for those photos!

Also, since we will be sailing under the Varazano Bridge, where would be the best vantage point to take photos...on deck or from our cabins on the starboard side??? Just want/need to know if we need to position someone on deck with another camera.:confused:

Looking forward for everyone's help.

Dibogart

Hi:

Hope you have a great cruise. The Statue of Liberty is on the Starboard side going on your cruise and coming back from your cruise it is on the Port Side. You can stand anywhere on the ship to see the bridge. It is gigantic. The best place to be is outside for all these wonderful memories. It can be windy, so bundle up if you are leaving on a chilly day. It was windy for us at first when we went in April, but it warmed up. The sail away from NYCity was so much fun. The hosts were great. Dancing and more dancing and I had a blast.

I will be going on the Crown in October to NOLA to Bermuda. I have never sailed on the Crown. I was on the Spirit twice.

Have fun, enjoy your vacation.

Happy Cruisn:)

Archived