Suebee

cantw8

[color=purple]I noticed that you did the Paradise Cove Luau, I looked to see if you wrote anything about it but didn't see anything, don't know if I just missed it. Could you tell me anything about it. We are going in Dec and I am really excited about it. Is the entertaiment stage close to the water? Any in fo would be great.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Just want to take a moment again to say thank you to all who live on the islands and give us all so much helpful info. YOU ARE THE BEST [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_114.gif[/img][/url] [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_118.gif[/img][/url][/color]

[color=#800080]Toni[/color]

Hi Toni
We went last august. We opted for the upgrade of the package which included table service, photographs, souvenier mugs, flower/nut leis, open bar and seating high up on a covered pavilion (or low and close to the stage...but we are not the type to be that close).

I am really happy we upgraded. It doesnt improve the food, but we didnt have to do the buffet. And we could get unlimited drinks which were very strong. You can upgrade to a superior meal which our table mates did and enjoyed it a lot.

The entertainment is superior. I have been to a couple luau's now and I have to say that PC was terrific. The firedancer had a bad night but even so, the entertainment flowed well.

I am NOT a buffet person. Having said that, my husband did like the food better than I. I thought it to be, well, buffet food. Keep an open mind though as like I said, my husband and people around us liked it. And if you have a choice, the entertainment is more important to be good than the food at one of these things.

The audience faces the stage, which has its back to the beach. You can see the beach by looking to either side, but keep in mind that the stage itself will block your front view. You can see an excellent sunset from there. There is an open cove where they demonstrate fishing and kayaking...

The show includes a cocktail hour where they have crafts and games set up. If you get there on time, you can get the staff's devoted attention at any of the crafts. If you come late, you might miss something due to lines or any of the ceremonies going on.

We both bought some reasonably priced souveniers. My husband a conch shell and stand and myself a toe ring.

[color=purple]Suebee, Thanks for the info. We did get the upgrade package. I am the type that is just happy to be in Hawaii and ALL is good!!:D The entertainment was the main concern and it sounds like it will be good. hope they have real Hawaiian Hula girls.[/color]

[color=#800080]Thanks again!![/color]
[color=#800080]Toni[/color]

I guess as real as possible!

For a beverage, have you ever tried a Lava Flow? If you like Pina Coladas, you will love them as they are just that with strawberry syrup dribbling around the inside of the glass to look like a 'flow'. We wanted to get a souvenier glass but they were rediculously priced....I think $12 above the drink?
Anyway, those are my Luau drink...cool, fruity and soooo tropical. Of course, Mai Tai's abound!

Have a great time...I think you will.

Suebee...
Is it hard to see the show from the ROYAL BOX? Was it nicer sitting under the covered pavillion, or would front row views be better? Are there tables/chairs, or do you sit on cushions? What would you suggest a newbie (to Hawaii & Luau's) book? I'm thinking DELUXE as we my not ever see another luau!

THANKS!

I think that the Royal Box you mentioned is the same as the covered pavilion I am mentioning....we were way in the back but above the crowd. I loved it. We could see perfectly fine with no one walking in front of us all the time (people are always moving around on the floor it seems).

We would not like to be close. We are that type of people. So the box was perfect for us. You have to decide for youself. All of the tables face long ways to the stage so the chairs are facing to the center of the audience, but they are chairs....after youeat you have to shift your chair....that is every seat in the house though.

If youre never going to another, the duluxe will make you feel more special for sure. We were happy we did the deluxe.

Archived