FUNShip Dollar$

southbayer

Does anyone know why Carnival won't let you purchase FunShip Dollars for furture cruises unless you are already booked. ?

I mean, if you aren't booked, jus to buy them to stock up for when you do decide to cruise.

Yes you can buy them if you aren't booked. Maybe this will help you.

Carnival now offers gift certificates that friends, family travel agents or businesses can purchase for a Carnival Guest.

Funship Dollars come in denominations of: $25 - $50 - $100 - $200 - $500.

Funship Dollars can be redeemed against the cost of a cruise (as payment).

Funship Dollars can be applied as an on board credit on the Guest's Sail and Sign account.

Order Procedures

Certificates are purchased by calling the Reservations Special Programs and Promotions Desk at: 800 906-7603.

The certificates are customized with the name of the person, agency or business that purchased it. The purchaser will fill in the name of the recipient.

The certificate will be mailed to the purchaser upon receipt of payment. *Certificates are valid for 24 months from date of purchase unless otherwise noted.

Does anyone know why Carnival won't let you purchase FunShip Dollars for furture cruises unless you are already booked. ?

I mean, if you aren't booked, jus to buy them to stock up for when you do decide to cruise.

I started buying funship dollars as soon as we returned from our trip to Disney last year. Doing that was my saving grace for being able to cruise this year :D.

Yeah but I tried to do that before, but it asked for the recipent's ship name and booking number and all that... Not unless they changed it since..... I like to stock up on them so that I can handle my s&s card charges for when I do cruise.

Yes you can buy them if you aren't booked. Maybe this will help you.

Carnival now offers gift certificates that friends, family travel agents or businesses can purchase for a Carnival Guest.

Funship Dollars come in denominations of: $25 - $50 - $100 - $200 - $500.

Funship Dollars can be redeemed against the cost of a cruise (as payment).

Funship Dollars can be applied as an on board credit on the Guest's Sail and Sign account.

Order Procedures

Certificates are purchased by calling the Reservations Special Programs and Promotions Desk at: 800 906-7603.

The certificates are customized with the name of the person, agency or business that purchased it. The purchaser will fill in the name of the recipient.

The certificate will be mailed to the purchaser upon receipt of payment. *Certificates are valid for 24 months from date of purchase unless otherwise noted.

Yeah but I tried to do that before, but it asked for the recipent's ship name and booking number and all that... Not unless they changed it since..... I like to stock up on them so that I can handle my s&s card charges for when I do cruise.

I got that too with the sailing and booking #, but I *think* I just left those parts blank and was still able to get them. I say I think, because I got them last year...the memory is not so good :o

I know some people love to buy the Funship dollars, but if you don't have a cruise booked, why not try opening a savings account at a place like HSBC or Emigrant and earn 5% on that money for a year until you are ready to use it? Not trying to be rude but its nice at the end of a year to know you have actually earned about 20.00 extra to spend.

It states on the back of the certificate that they have to be mailed certified mail within 15 days of the cruise. Does anyone know if they can be brought onboard instead and given to the purser to put towards your account?

Thanks.

It states on the back of the certificate that they have to be mailed certified mail within 15 days of the cruise. Does anyone know if they can be brought onboard instead and given to the purser to put towards your account?

Thanks.

Yes you can, That's the only way we have ever done it. We go down to the Purser's desk the 1st night and have them credited to our account. Following is the email I recieved when I ordered some Funship Dollars last Sunday...

Greetings,

Your request has been processed. Your order number is *****. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery. If you have any questions regarding your gift certificate order, please contact Special Programs at 1-800-906-7603. If this is for onboard credit guest may take this onboard to the pursers office to redeem. Thanks again for choosing Carnival.

Yes you can, That's the only way we have ever done it. We go down to the Purser's desk the 1st night and have them credited to our account. Following is the email I recieved when I ordered some Funship Dollars last Sunday...

Greetings,

Your request has been processed. Your order number is *****. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery. If you have any questions regarding your gift certificate order, please contact Special Programs at 1-800-906-7603. If this is for onboard credit guest may take this onboard to the pursers office to redeem. Thanks again for choosing Carnival.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Just the information I needed.

Archived