Something Is Going On???

luv2bnsun

I'm getting suspicious. When I search the NCL web site for cruises in 2008 for Hawaii (the ones that were already posted up to April, 2008) the only ship showing up is Pride of Aloha. The POH and PoAM are not there anymore. PoH is supposed to be there through Feb. (I thought) and where are the PoAm sailings? Is this a glitch in the system or is something going on? I had heard from an NCL rep that with the removal of PoH that the Pride of Aloha would be going back to all 7 day sailings again when the new itineraries come out (more demand for the 7 day cruises as opposed to 10/11 days??) I try not to put to much stock in what I hear until I see it with my own eyes but it would make sense if the 10 and 11 day cruises are not as popular to put both remaining ships sailing 7 days - but I was really, really looking forward to 10 days of sailing around Hawaii. As it stands right now you can only book for 10 mos. out. I just wish they would post those itineraries!!

Going from 4 ships this year (one NCL) to two ships in 2008 things will change. NCLA has to get it right this time and begin to make money and not continue to give away cruises below cost.

I am sure they are looking many different models of itinerary and pricing. With a new General Manager for NCLA just announced I would not expect those decisions to be complete any day now.;)

I would expect nothing but 7 day cruises unless they can figure out how to get equal or more revenue per passenger per day on longer cruises. The only way to do that on NCLA with gambling or duty free is the charge the same or more per day fares. That would price 10 day cruises 42% more expensive then 7 day - Does that work for you?

My $.02 - If you want to see Hawaii cheap go now before the supply drives prices to where they must be to stay in business.

Quick check POAM itineraries/pricing are there for Jan, Feb, Mar, and up to April 28 2008 - POHI intieraries thru Jan. are still there as well - What is getting you suspicious ?

Of course things are changing at NCLA. Just last week NCLA anounced a new executive vice president for Hawaii operations.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007705250362

He's only been at work a week, give him some time to find a new course for NCLA, then announce it. NCLA will not survive long if they kept the status quo.

Fares for NCLA ships next year (after the POH leaves) are higher than they were this year. They have risen for an inside cabins above $100 per night. This year most cruise fares for inside cabins had dropped below $75 per night because of the increase supply in cabins in the Hawaiian market.

Removing two ships from the Hawaiian market seems to have help, I expect more operational changes will be made to improve the product passengers experience. Let's hope the new vice president gets up to speed quickly. Until then, I don''t expect NCLA will start selling later 2008 sailings.

Hmmm, I just did a search on the NCL homepage "Find a cruise" function for Hawaii itineraries in 2008/any month, and only Pride of Aloha came up for me, too. But if you go through "Ships," choose PoAm or POH and click on "View ship itineraries," the early 2008 itineraries do come up.

• Administrators

My $.02 - If you want to see Hawaii cheap go now before the supply drives prices to where they must be to stay in business.

Quick check POAM itineraries/pricing are there for Jan, Feb, Mar, and up to April 28 2008 - POHI intieraries thru Jan. are still there as well - What is getting you suspicious ?

Actually, at ncl.com when I try to search for a Hawaii cruise in July their search engine comes up with no matches on any ship (I wanted to check pricing to see if it has gone down). And if you select POH as your ship, it shows the dates, as mentioned, but if you click on the link for itineraries for the date selections given, the link is broken. When I log in to "my cruises" it still shows my July POH cruise, but clicking on it gives the message "itinerary details are not available" instead of the booking details I previously could access.

I suspect this is website trouble -- I certainly hope so, and it would fit with NCL's history of a spotty website.

Actually, at ncl.com when I try to search for a Hawaii cruise in July their search engine comes up with no matches on any ship (I wanted to check pricing to see if it has gone down). And if you select POH as your ship, it shows the dates, as mentioned, but if you click on the link for itineraries for the date selections given, the link is broken. When I log in to "my cruises" it still shows my July POH cruise, but clicking on it gives the message "itinerary details are not available" instead of the booking details I previously could access.

I suspect this is website trouble -- I certainly hope so, and it would fit with NCL's history of a spotty website.

Check here - POHI cruises all show up

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

I just think there is a problem with the NCL website in general right now. I was looking into the Pearl for July 2007 (my parents are going and now a medical condition may cause them to either have to cancel or I may try and go along to help) and they have all of a sudden disappeared. When you do an "Alaska" search for July 2007, you get the no matches for that particular month, but you get all the listings for 2008!

But if you go to the Seaweb booking engine, the 2007 July cruises on the Pearl show up and there are cabins available in many catagories...so its not that they are sold out.

Like others have said, it appears to be a problem with the NCL site. Go to the Seaweb booking engine instead.

I have this vision of us all still using the Seaweb site five or ten years after NCL's "improved" site has been up...:rolleyes:

Seaweb to search - new site to book since you can select any cabin available and put down a deposit - no call required ;)

Seaweb to search - new site to book since you can select any cabin available and put down a deposit - no call required ;)

Yes, but the people who don't visit CC and don't know the Seaweb site is still around--trusting the current NCL site to be comprehensive--are kind of in a pickle, huh? I look forward to the day when we can do everything we need to on the "new, improved" site...hope it doesn't take years for that day to come.

Yes, but the people who don't visit CC and don't know the Seaweb site is still around--trusting the current NCL site to be comprehensive--are kind of in a pickle, huh? I look forward to the day when we can do everything we need to on the "new, improved" site...hope it doesn't take years for that day to come.

Agreed - All we can do is if we find a problem is in addition to posting let NCL know. There is still a feedback option on the new booking engine. Hit the link or dial 866 234 7351. What they don't know they can't fix.

Interesting I just found all the cruises the OP indicated were not listed on the new site Advanced Search -

I just think there is a problem with the NCL website in general right now. I was looking into the Pearl for July 2007 (my parents are going and now a medical condition may cause them to either have to cancel or I may try and go along to help) and they have all of a sudden disappeared. When you do an "Alaska" search for July 2007, you get the no matches for that particular month, but you get all the listings for 2008!

But if you go to the Seaweb booking engine, the 2007 July cruises on the Pearl show up and there are cabins available in many catagories...so its not that they are sold out.

Like others have said, it appears to be a problem with the NCL site. Go to the Seaweb booking engine instead.

Found them all there - use advanced search - Alaska, July 2007- every week the same prices- $1,149.00, $1,599.00, $2,199.00, $2,699.00

Thanks for the info on the seaweb site. The info is there on the seaweb site - but it is certainly too bad that the NCL.com site is not working properly. I just checked again 5 minutes ago and it is still only showing Pride of Aloha sailings on NCL.com. Perhaps it is an intermittant problem. Doesn't matter though because they still have only 10 mos. worth of sail dates for Hawaii and my date is beyond that.

Thanks for the info on the seaweb site. The info is there on the seaweb site - but it is certainly too bad that the NCL.com site is not working properly. I just checked again 5 minutes ago and it is still only showing Pride of Aloha sailings on NCL.com. Perhaps it is an intermittant problem. Doesn't matter though because they still have only 10 mos. worth of sail dates for Hawaii and my date is beyond that.

:confused: They seem to be gone again :rolleyes:

Of course things are changing at NCLA. Just last week NCLA anounced a new executive vice president for Hawaii operations.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007705250362

He's only been at work a week, give him some time to find a new course for NCLA, then announce it. NCLA will not survive long if they kept the status quo.

Fares for NCLA ships next year (after the POH leaves) are higher than they were this year. They have risen for an inside cabins above $100 per night. This year most cruise fares for inside cabins had dropped below $75 per night because of the increase supply in cabins in the Hawaiian market.

Removing two ships from the Hawaiian market seems to have help, I expect more operational changes will be made to improve the product passengers experience. Let's hope the new vice president gets up to speed quickly. Until then, I don''t expect NCLA will start selling later 2008 sailings.

It is most ironic to me that Senator Inoye who got the Federal law to changed to prevent NCL/Star Cruises to operate the way they want to out of Hawaii now wants to get more benefit form NCL/Star Cruises by having them hire a local man. That Star Cruises went ahead and is bleeding tons of red ink still may or may not register with him.

Look at all the tourist dollars flowing into the state now. From filling up their hotels, resturants, car rental companies, state taxes, etc and etc.

With the new president David Chua in the parent company Star Cruises I expect every thing is under review including the cruises for the 2 remaining Hawaii bases ships. My speculation is that the signs look pretty onimious.

Archived