CCL 'alternate air program"

Anyone used CCL's "alternate air program"? From what I understand it is air arrangements through Carnival - but ones that you make with your PVP or CVS like you would through a TA - or on your own.

Our CVS mentioned it when we booked our cabin and Carnival was quoting 559.00/pp for air to San Juan. I mentioned that usually we were able to book our own for considerable less than the flat rate that Carnival publishes on their site. She said that there is a "new, alternate air program" that she can use to book our flights but not until about 6 months out.

Anyone else ever heard of - or used - the program?

This is based on "what I heard", not my personal experience.

It is my understanding, the PVPs have access to the same booking systems as regular TAs, so they can book flights for you outside of the Fly Aweigh programme. The difference is they book the flights on the spot like a TA would so there is no waiting around for the "Air" department to book the flights. You have total control over airlines and flights, however you are going to pay market value for the flights and any transfers and hotels will be extra.

This is based on "what I heard", not my personal experience.

It is my understanding, the PVPs have access to the same booking systems as regular TAs, so they can book flights for you outside of the Fly Aweigh programme. The difference is they book the flights on the spot like a TA would so there is no waiting around for the "Air" department to book the flights. You have total control over airlines and flights, however you are going to pay market value for the flights and any transfers and hotels will be extra.

Thanks Duck! It seems that what you heard is pretty much what I heard.

The CVS came right out and said that if we were willing to wait she was "pretty sure" she could find better rates for us than the 559.00/pp for the Fly Aweigh program.

Flight options for March 08 are beginning to show on Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc and they are already alot lower than the 559.00. Maybe I will call her and see if she has access to anything now.

Thanks again :)

Archived