Enchantment Review August 2-7

KatieRT

This was our second cruise, the kids first cruise. The kids loved it and have decided that cruising is the ONLY vacation in the future. Chris( Dh) and I both agreed that the Southern Caribbean is nicer that the Western Caribbean and next time we will definately go to the Southern Caribbean.

Pre Cruise: We stayed 2 days prior to the Cruise at a great location, which I am reluctant to talk about, because it has got to be the best kept secret in Fort Lauderdale. We had a living room, den, 2 bathrooms, a seperate bedroom with bath, and sofa sleeper in the living. This room could easily sleep 6. Small kitchenette( microwave, sink, dishes, dishwasher, and refridge). The amenties at the location were excellent. A small putt-putt course, tennis courts, a playground, hammocks, an OLYMPIC size pool, plus a 9000 gallon "lagoon"-similiar to a lazy river but no currect. Private beach, 2 restaranants, ocean grill, pool bar, ice cream shop, resort wear shop. My only complaint is that to have beach chairs and umbrellas is was 20.00 a day! We found out on the second day, that not only is this a resort, but a private club for the local "elite". Everybody from the pool staff to the check in desk was excellent. They have complimentary beach towels to use by the pool and the beach. Everything is on a cash-less system you just charge it to your room. Our room was only 165.00 per day!!! Free parking and you can leave you car at the resort and take a taxi to the port if you wish.

it is called...................................Lago Mar Resort. I highly recommend it!!

Embarkation: We arrived at the Port Everglades at 1100am. We were on the ship waiting to get in the Windjammer by 1140am. Everything was done quickly and easily at the Port. I was very impressed! We were the first family in the Windjammer that day. My kids loved the buffet and dessert bar.

We got into our cabin around 100 pm. We had adjoining cabins 2565 and 2563. Inside cabins, we have never had inside cabins before. The cabin was about the size of my kids walk-in closet. They were freaked! It was nice to have the door between the cabins, it really opened up the closets..oops cabins! We did have 2 bathrooms and that was nice.

We played by the pool until late that day. We had late seating. We were at a table of 10. Ironically, the other table mates were from Central Illinois also. I don't know if that was planned or purely accidential. In some ways, it was nice we had some commen things to talk about it, but in other ways, we missed learning about a different community.

That night, we went to the show in the Opiium Theatre, it was comedy of Rodney Johnson. He was funny, not great but entertaining. We were in bed that night be 1100pm. Disco was the theme in the Carasol Lounge, the footage we saw on the TV the next day, looked like a great time. I am sorry we missed it!

Day 1-KEY WEST

We were off the boat by 800 for our 815 excusion. We did the Fury Caterman Snorkle. It was a 3 hour excusion. The boat ride was about 45 minutes to the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world. During the ride, the guides gave everybody a snorkling lesson and passed out equipment. The equipment was in good shape and the snorking lession was good. They had sea drops even for your masks to prevent fogging. Snorkeling was okay at the location, the coral was nice, there was not alot of marine life. It was a good beginning snorkle. Our kids had never snorkeled so, it was a good experience for them. After snorkeling, we had open bar( beer, wine, and soft drinks) for the ride back!

Unfortunely, by the time we got off the boat is was close to 1130. That left us with about 1-1.5 hours in Key West. We did not see alot of the Key's. We went shopping in a few shops near the ship and got some ice cream at a local ice cream shop.

We got back on the boat around 100 pm. We went to the Windjammer to eat, by the time we got the pool side, most of the chairs in the sun were taken by empty towels! We finally found 2 in the sun, away from the pool, but close enough. The kids played in the pool and played ping pong . The belly flop contest was that afternoon. It was pretty entertaining!

Tonight was formal night, so we got dressed to the nines and took several pictures in the Centrum. Some locations had some long lines, we choose the shortest lines and did 3 areas. Dinner was nice, I can't remember what was on the menu that night.

After dinner, we went to Battle of the Sexes. It was fun to watch!

The show that night was the Comdy and Magic of Levent. I found it boring, but the kids liked it. My husband fell asleep during the performance. Of course, the show didn't start until 1045pm, so we were all a bit tired.

We went back to the room by 1200 pm. My husband and 18 yr old son, went to the Adult comedy show at 1215 that night, it was Rodney Johnson from the night before. He said is was quite crude and not nearly as funny as the night before!

DAY 2-COZUMEL

We didn't arrive to Cozumel until 1000am. It was nice to sleep in and catch up on our sleep. We got of the boat at 1030 and headed to Paradise Beach. We took a taxi-van( 5 of us) it cost us 14.00. We gave the driver a 20.00 and told him to keep the change. He was nice and talked alot.

Paradise beach was short of Paradise. The chairs and service was nice! The actually beach was very rocky and full of sea weed. I was NOT impressed. I have never been to Mexico, so I don't know if this is the norm. Once you swam out so far, the water clear. The kids enjoyed the rock-climining iceberg. The water tramploine was falling apart and my 10 yr old got a pretty deep cut on his leg from the ladder. My kids play on a water tramploine exactly like this at friends of ours Houseboat in a local lake. So, the water tramploine was not a big hit with my kids. The kids did take the Kayaks(free) out and enjoyed those. My 10 yr old rented a proprelled "tiger-shark" for 15.00 for 30 minutes. It worked 50% of the time, my husband took it back to get a new one, and the guy working the stand didn't understand English and couldn't get the concept that it didn't work. We never got a new one. My daughter got her hair braided just the front half way- for 20.00. Then when she got finished, the girl informed me it was 500 extra for the beads! Whatever!!!!! Cassie loved it and I guess that is all the mattered!

We did the banana boat at Pardise , 10.00 each per person for 15 minutes. It was alot of fun!

Prices at Paradise are fair. We had 2 frozen marguritias, 2 mexican beers, nacho's supreme, burrito dinner, a pizza, and a kids quesidia meal for 61.00. I gave our server a 12.00 tip, he did an excellent job!

Our taxi driver on the way back, was a little scarier. They put all 5 of in a hatchback car. With my 12 yr old daugher, in the "trunk". He drove like a maniac and had the longest nails i have seen on males or Females. He spoke little English, or at least he acted like he didn't understand what My husband was asking him. Our fare back was 16.00(interesting, since it was a smaller car with No air conditioning ). I gave him a 20.00 bill, and thanked God we got there all in one piece!

We did some shopping in the Port Shops. We had only one problem with pushy salesmen. I ended up walking away, but my husband came back and got some money from me and ended up buying something from them! UGH!!!!

We didn't get back on the ship until 500. We went to the Windjammer for some late day snacks! The Nachos were excellent!!! I went back to the room for a quick nap and the kids played ping pong and swam. We did NOT go to the show that night, it was a singing impressionist Judy somebody . It didn't seem like something we would enjoy, so we just chilled in the room until dinner that night!

I believe this was the lobster and shrimp night. It was great! Our server never offered seconds, which was a bit disappointing.

We went to the Love and Marriage Show later that evening. It was a Hoot!!!! Some really stupid guy, said he wife needed Bigger Brains and a Smaller Mouth!... I am wondering about the safety of his life at this point! It was entertaining and definately worth the time!!!!

Day 3-5 later.....any questions please ask!

That night, we went to the show in the Opiium Theatre

Sorry, Katie, but you had me rolling with your inadvertent typo, "Opiium Theatre!" I guess the shows there really put you to sleep! But since I was on Enchantment a few weeks ago, I enjoyed your review - nice to relive the experience! Thanks!

Katie,

Were you able to put your carry-on bags in your cabin when you first boarded the ship?

Were there many shops around the International pier where the Enchantment docks? Thanks

We could not put our carry-on in our room until 1:00pm. We just lugged them with us to the Windjammer! I packed a swimming bag with our suits, and we changed in the bathroom by the Windjammer and played in the pool until our rooms because available. Alot of people must have thought ahead, because alot of people had their suits on with their bags in tote!

International pier...where is that???

Ft. Lauderdale-i saw one little souvenior "stand"...no Shops that I saw

Key West- lots of shops within walking distance...pricey!

Cozumel--lots of shop at the pier there..some pricey, some bargain priced...look around

Belize---we didn't go the "main-land" in Belize..we went to a small island --San Pedro Island. It is where the reality TV show" Temptation Island" was filmed....there were many shops in the "downtown" region of this island.

hope this helped

Archived