San Juan Tours

covering

We cruised May 2007 on the Carnival Triumph. In San Juan we took a Rain Forest tour with Atlantic San Juan Tours. Andres was our guide and he was such a kind man. He picked us up at the pier and took us to the rain forest. First we went to Yokahu tower which has 96 steps to the top and 1575 feet high, but the view is amazing. Next we went to La Coca Falls and it was beautiful. Then he took us to the Big Tree Trail. Andres gave us cold water to carry as you walk along the trail. Andres pointed out various animals , flowers, and trees as we walked along. You can take a 20 minute hike in the forest or an hour hike. We chose to take the hour hike and I am so glad we did. There are waterfalls all along the trail. My children loved to climb on the rocks near the falls. There is also a falls where you can stop ad swim if you want to. Then he took us to a little Mexican restaurant in the rain forest. The food was good and they also have hamburgers and fries. The tours from the boat to the rain forest do not allow you to take an hour hike, so if you want Andres to take you on this tour, his website is http://www.puertoricoexcursions.com or email him at atlanticsjtours@yahoo.com. Andres charged us $37.00 per person because we had a party of eight. I think the regular rate is S45.00 and it is well worth the price. We left at 8:30am and arrived back about 2:30pm. We had a wonderful day!!!

Archived