Xcaret Plus

62 Cruiser

I know Carnival offers the Xcaret shore excursion but do you know if they offer the Xcaret Plus? This is about $30 more pp but it includes a buffet lunch, snorkel equipment, locker, coupons for drinks, and a towel. If they don't can you upgrade at the excursion desk or can you upgrade at Xcaret once you got there. I am sailing on the Inspiration Saturday (9th).

Thanks

Hey there,

Just cruise on the Inspiration 4/28 & I'd have to say you just might be better off doing this on your own. The cab fare will be under $10 one-way, the cabs are always there waiting to take you back whenever you are ready to leave & then you can buy your tickets when you arrive rather then pre-booking. Just in case you don't get to dock you won't need to track down anyone for a refund either! We were almost 2 hours late docking as a cargo ship had broke down in the port, but Carnival did make good of it by giving us an extra 2+ hours on shore. If you get a chance go to Xcarets website & check their prices.....I can assure you doing an excursion on your own is almost always cheaper then thru Carnival.

Good luck & have a ball, we sure did!

:p

PS.....Also try the CC Roll Call board & see if anyone is willing to cab share.....or you'll have a few days to meet new people & see if they atleast want to share a cab there....save yourself a few bucks! The cabs hold 4. Hope this helps!

:D

We took the Xcaret excursion through Carnival, and rented snorkel equipment and lockers on our own when we got there. I'm sure that it didn't cost us anywhere near $30 extra, but we didn't buy drinks or lunch. I think we took some water with us, and we were too full from all of the food we had been eating on the ship to bother with lunch. We did enjoy the tour of the park, and spent every minute of our free time in the water. The snorkeling wasn't that great, but we really enjoyed watching the people doing the dolphin encounter. We floated outside the fence in some inner tubes that were available at no charge.

Archived