hotels by Cape Liberty

There is a Best Western near the port that offers free parking for the duration of your cruise AND free shuttle service to the port. I would DEFINITELY take advantage of it. Last week, we stayed in the Springhill suites by the airport and while they were very nice, the car service to take all six of us plus our luggage to the port costs about $ 100.]

Not sure which Best Western it is, but you can probably call and find out.

Can anybody recommend a hotel by Cape Liberty, hopefully one that has a shuttle service.

I guess I'm just curious why if you are located in the Bronx, you want to stay in a hotel? :) It seems like you could save your money, and use it on something better on the cruise :D

I've been researching the same thing myself for our upcoming cruise in Feb 08. The East Coast Departures board has some good info so you may want to check it out as well. So far my favorite has got to be the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. Although you will need to take a taxi to get there (unless your friends are willing to brave city transit with luggage) and then again to the port, the views of the Manhattan skyline are worth it in my opinion, especially for those of us that don't get to see it very often! If you use a website like priceline.com it seems like you can get a pretty good deal (under $100 for a night). Check out this website for a good info on how to effectively bid on priceline: biddingfortravel.com

Archived