Crown kids program (3-7yrs)

live4vacation

I am the parent you were referring to and I am appalled by your statement insinuating that I am a bad parent. You have no idea who I am so I would appreciate you not judging me without even knowing me.

As far as the pagers go: we have been on number of cruises and have NEVER been paged before. My understanding is that they are for emergencies. The 1st time that pager went off my husband and I flew up to the kids crew like the ship was on fire. When we arrived both my kids were perfectly content playing. We were paged no less that 6 times during the course of the cruise and each time we went up there the kids were playing and happy. Our kids were not left up there for lengthy periods either.

This is a perfect example of why I am so afraid to post on these boards. It seems everytime someone has a less than favorable experience and posts about it they are made out to be the bad guys.

As a parent when we leave our kids with babysitters we expect them to be able to differentiate between a whiny kid and a real problem - I too would be upset if the babysitters were paging me every time my kid started whining - hopefully they won't be so quick on the pager when we're on the Crown on July 14. We love our kids, but we know how manipulative they can be and we hope that the "professionals" in charge of the kids camp also realize that. Better to be safe than sorry with the pagers, but better to think for a moment before paging parents that just are hoping to have a few minutes of peace and quiet!!! I am a fantastic mother who loves her kids - and I totally agree with you susanrobert!!

Thanks Scooterzidel!!! I felt horrible after I read the previous poster's remarks.

The feeling of most of the parents on board with us was that she didn't want to be bothered with the kids and was paging the parents to get them out of there and out of her hair. She actually paged a mother to tell her that her 3 year old was not participating!!

As I stated before, I highly doubt she will be around for future sailings based on the feedback on her from our sailing. And if she is back I am sure she will have had a talking too and the issue will not persist. Maybe she was just having a bad week.

Susan I just want to say I understood perfectly where you were coming from regarding the pagers. I too would have run like crazy to the kids club when getting a page. On our first 3 cruises on Zenith they did not even have pagers. They just asked where they could find you in an emergency and we called in occasionally to check on our son (he was 5 at the time). On our last cruise we were paged during the show and with good reason as our son was not feeling well and developed a fever. THAT was a reason to page me not because he wanted to say Hi.

We also do not overuse the kids club and look at it as a break for all of us to do our own thing during vacation. We also spend a lot of time together and are always together in port. It's just nice to have something for the kids to enjoy instead of just sitting by the pool with us and staring at the sea (which is my favorite thing to do besides eating :D :D ).

I am the parent you were referring to and I am appalled by your statement insinuating that I am a bad parent. You have no idea who I am so I would appreciate you not judging me without even knowing me.

As far as the pagers go: we have been on number of cruises and have NEVER been paged before. My understanding is that they are for emergencies. The 1st time that pager went off my husband and I flew up to the kids crew like the ship was on fire. When we arrived both my kids were perfectly content playing. We were paged no less that 6 times during the course of the cruise and each time we went up there the kids were playing and happy. Our kids were not left up there for lengthy periods either.

This is a perfect example of why I am so afraid to post on these boards. It seems everytime someone has a less than favorable experience and posts about it they are made out to be the bad guys.

I don't think that you are a bad parent. I am NOT judging you. Please don't judge me either.

Archived