Bon Voyage gifts

Soccerfans

I'm trying to pre-pay as much of the cruise as possible. With that in mind, I wondered if I've discovered a cleaver way to pay for bar drinks. I found the bon voyage section of Carnival's website. I can buy 4 bar/drink credits for $19.50. That seems like a cheaper "per-drink" than what I have been reading on this BB. Can't I just buy (now) a few sheets of those credits and have them waiting in our room upon check-in? Is there anything I'm missing on that thinking?

I wish I could pre-pay the fountain cards and gratuties but that doesn't seem like the case.

Can you tell I'm anxious for our cruise?!?!

countdown.pl?name=Soccerfans&date=12-1-2007&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Carnival Glory

I wish I could pre-pay the fountain cards and gratuties but that doesn't seem like the case.

Can you tell I'm anxious for our cruise?!?!

You can call Carnival and have money from a debit or credit card applied directly to your onboard account so you can pay the gratuities in advance. The Fountain Fun Cards are purchased usually on the Lido deck and you must have cash for those. They don't take S&S cards.

Hi, I have purchased those drink coupons and its a good way to get your drinks and keep that S&S bill down a bit. (its amazing how fast those fou-fou drinks add up). They will have them waiting for you, I believe at the first night dinner in the dining room. They also include the gratuity, however, if you want a fancy drink in the take home Carnival glass, they will not be enough to cover, you may have to pay with 2 for them.

I believe they also have something called Carnival dollars or something similar, that you can purchase and can be used for anything onboard. You can gift them to your cabin mate or to yourself, I would think.If anyone has more info on them, I would be interested in knowing more.

oh and one more thing, if by chance you dont use all the drink coupons, you can bring them on another Carnival cruise, or give them to someone else to use on a different Carnival cruise. We did that, used them the next year. Happy cruising!

I prepaid my gratuities with my final payment of my cruise. Did not want to worry about saving that money at the end since there are 3 of us and that is a hefty amount to save.

I am also buying the drink cards ahead of time.

Great information all!

I am going to call my TA to add the tips to my final payment.

Thanks for keeping me addicited to this BB! I don't know how I'm going to get any work done in the next 180 days.

We purchased drink coupons for our first cruise but since have discovered the funship dollars, you can find them under Bon Voyage, then Gift Certificates. Enter your booking number on the address line and on the next line I always put "apply as onboard credit." You should receive an email confirmation very quickly and then another from a Carnival rep.

I have also read on here that you can call Carnival and apply money to your S&S by your credit/debit card, haven't done that yet. :)

Archived