manhattan cruise port

boco5

Does anyone know the best way of getting from Newark airport to the cruise port in Manhattan?

If you have a lot of luggage with you, then unfortunately, the best and most convenient way to get there is to take a taxi cab. Otherwise, public transportation will be very roundabout. You'd have to get to the nearest NJ tubes station which will leave you off in lower Manhattan, then transfer to either a subway or a bus, and then even when that is all said and done, you'd still have to either walk a few blocks with your luggage or once again get a cab.

Go the most direct and easiest way, even if it will be a little pricey.

BnB

I'm thinking of taking the train in from CT also and then a taxi to the port but hubby thinks it will be more hassle than just driving and parking.

I'm comparing the two options - both time and money wise. ItaliaAmerCruzLady about how much does the taxi cost from GCT? How long is the cab ride? And when do you plan to board when doing it this way?

Thanks

The taxi's from the airport-EWR- to the terminal are not that expensive(IMO) $45.00(although I think they recently went up $5.00) plus round-trip tolls and tip.

I think the airtrain is ridiculous with all the changes you must make to get into Manhattan and then catch a cab anyway although without luggage its ok. With luggage the airport bus takes you directly yo Port Authority in Manhattan and then for $10.00 you can catch a cab to the terminal.

DEFINITELY take a cab. Yes, it'll be pricey (about $50 + tip), but it's the only easy way. Trying to lug all your luggage onto a bus would be tricky. Taking the subway would be even worse because you'd have to drag your luggage upstairs in a throng of people. Plus, a subway or bus would only take you so far, then you'd need a cab anyway. Consider the $50 price as paying not only for the transportation, but also paying to not have to deal with the above inconveniences. :)

Archived