Help with group rate discounts

I'm surprised someone at RCI would talk with you about this because when I worked in Groups, we only talked with travel agents on agent bookings.

There is no commission on a tour conductor credit, which actually makes the TC smaller. For example, if your cruise fare is $1000, the agent is getting between $100 and $200 in commission. That commission amount is not credited, so your TC would be less than the cruise fare you see. There is a net balance and a gross balance on a booking, and at least as far as RCI is concerned, bookings are paid for if the net is paid (so it's still a free berth--just the travel agent wouldn't get commission on it.) If the travel agent charges the gross for the berth, then they're taking commission and you're paying it (which may be fair--TA's need to be paid afterall).

Actually (at least 6 months ago), the TC is to the agent rather than the guest, and not all agents pass them on to their clients. :rolleyes: (Always seemed a little bogus to me to not pass anything on to the client).

I'm not sure what the rules are for groups booked directly through RCI, but I know there are some differences. With agent bookings, 8 staterooms make a group (though there are ways to get even smaller groups by using points to lower the TC ratio). When I left, individual callers to RCI needed 10 rooms to make a group.

Thank you so much to everybody who has helped me with this problem. You were all so helpful. I couldn't have done this without all your information. I spoke to my TA today and discussed the situation and I was told a mistake had been made and I now have all the credit I am due as long of course as I still have my 22 rooms when final payment is due. Thanks again!

Thank you so much to everybody who has helped me with this problem. You were all so helpful. I couldn't have done this without all your information. I spoke to my TA today and discussed the situation and I was told a mistake had been made and I now have all the credit I am due as long of course as I still have my 22 rooms when final payment is due. Thanks again!

Karen I am so glad you got it all straightened out! I knew it was some sort of mistake.

Archived