Question: Airport to Sheraton and Sheraton to Pier

happy cruzin

We have reservations at the Sheraton in Old San Juan for one night before our cruise in March.

We are wondering the best way to get from the airport to the hotel :confused: . There will be 4 adults with "cruise luggage" so we are wondering if the Sheraton has a shuttle?

Also I keep hearing that you can walk from the Sheraton to the Pier. Even with luggage?? I remember seeing the Sheraton a few years ago when we sailed the Destiny from San Juan. But really how close is it ???

We have reservations at the Sheraton in Old San Juan for one night before our cruise in March.

We are wondering the best way to get from the airport to the hotel :confused: . There will be 4 adults with "cruise luggage" so we are wondering if the Sheraton has a shuttle?

Also I keep hearing that you can walk from the Sheraton to the Pier. Even with luggage?? I remember seeing the Sheraton a few years ago when we sailed the Destiny from San Juan. But really how close is it ???

Its across the street, I have walked it with luggage. I would say its a 2-3 min walk.

You will have to grab a taxi, I dont think any of the hotels in San Juan have airport shuttles.

Its across the street, I have walked it with luggage. I would say its a 2-3 min walk.

You will have to grab a taxi, I dont think any of the hotels in San Juan have airport shuttles.

Well we can certainly handle the short walk to the pier.

I jumped on great airfare that I found over the weekend and scheduled us to go in on Saturday. We get there about 2pm - so we will have Saturday afternoon and evening to enjoy OSJ as well as part of Sunday. Which will be great because last time we used Carnival Air and all we saw of San Juan was to and from the airport :( .

Then I went looking for hotels. I remember seeing the Sheraton from the ship the last time we sailed the Destiny. So I knew that it was convenient to the pier. Rates seem high no matter what so I just booked it and now we are all set :D ! I love knowing everything is taken care of and in place. ;) .

Do you know when is the best time to board to avoid lines and congestion?

A couple of unhappy posters from the most recent sailing have started threads on the Carnival board. I'll have to watch those to see how they unfold :cool:.

I hope that you will post details of your experience since you are going way before we are.

Thanks for the info!

Just to give you some idea how far is the ship terminal to Sheraton Hotel. I took this pictures in Sheraton's rooftop. http://www.geocities.com/kmsu2000/caribbean/oldsanjuan01.jpg The walk is few steps aways.

I and my wife traveled with a 16 months old and 2 big luggage, never a problem walk to the hotel. Taxi is $25 , cheaper than any shuttles or Carnival transfer. You can save big by taking bus B40 to isla Verde then A4 to old San Juan. $1.50 each, the trip may take you 2 hour (I did that whenI went to airport to pickup my rental car).

I arrive at the terminal around 3pm, it took us 30 minutes including checkin my lugguage on the ground level then custom on 2nd level.

Archived