Congrats West Coast Cruisers

Congratulations are in order for the west coast on landing the Mariner of the Seas. She will definitely rule the west coast. Good for RCI in making this move.

I am glad to see you are bringing me my first good news on here with my return to Cruise Critic.

I am settled again in Nevada, have the computer up and running and have checked in to see what is new. This is great news to read about the Mariner. I will be on her sooner or later for sure. I would like to have done the Liberty Pre-inaugural cruise invite with the other Cruise Critics but the timing was bad with our move. It broke my heart to have to give it up. It would have been nice to put faces to names.

"Nice seeing you."

Alexis

I checked RCI's press releases, and did not see anything. What am I missing? Where is the press-release? Or is it just speculation?

Its definate. I was at the Cruise-A-Thon in Seattle this past weekend and they made the announcement.

Alexis...........good to see you post. Glad you are back and settled in.......I've missed your posts.........:)

Congratulations to the West Coast...........now keep it full and spend money.........keep those shipboard charges up......:) Don't lose your ship!!

I think this is a great move by RC...........

I am glad to see you are bringing me my first good news on here with my return to Cruise Critic.

I am settled again in Nevada, have the computer up and running and have checked in to see what is new. This is great news to read about the Mariner. I will be on her sooner or later for sure. I would like to have done the Liberty Pre-inaugural cruise invite with the other Cruise Critics but the timing was bad with our move. It broke my heart to have to give it up. It would have been nice to put faces to names.

"Nice seeing you."

Alexis

Hey Alexis. How's Nevada treating you? Glad to see you back on line.:)

I checked RCI's press releases, and did not see anything. What am I missing? Where is the press-release? Or is it just speculation?

Not speculation. Seatrader has the information posted on their site this morning and the bookings open tomorrow morning according to the article.

I, for one, am very, very sad about this move. But I am glad others are.

What has been slated to take Mariner's place in Port Canaveral? Friends of ours on Mariner last week said they were told the Genesis class ship will go there if the port gets the funding they asked for. I personally don't want to sail that big a ship.........

Not happy here at all..............:(

I, for one, am very, very sad about this move. But I am glad others are.

What has been slated to take Mariner's place in Port Canaveral? Friends of ours on Mariner last week said they were told the Genesis class ship will go there if the port gets the funding they asked for. I personally don't want to sail that big a ship.........

Not happy here at all..............:(

Sorry you're losing one of your ships, but I promise we'll take good care of her over here on the left coast. Keep in mind that when PC loses a ship you can drive 200 miles to get to Miami/FLL and take your pick from just about anything rccl has to offer, whereas the next-nearest Voyager-class ship for us is the part-time Voyager sailing from Galveston, TX (1600 miles away). With all the ships getting moved all over the place, I doubt you'll be without a big ship for long, unless there are other factors at that port preventing it (e.g. money, renovations, etc).

It will be interesting to see how well the Mariner sells on the Mexican route - I think I heard Vision is going to South America now, and I'm sure they'll keep Monarch around. Funny it wasn't long ago they said Vision was going to sail "year round" from LA. My how things change.

Funny it wasn't long ago they said Vision was going to sail "year round" from LA. My how things change.

She still is - for 2008.... they won't be sending her to Alaska next summer.

Can't handle the excitement, quite frankly. Of course - not many people "GET" how cool this is unless they are on here! :rolleyes: I am glad I can come here and be around people that understand... Great support group!! :)

Archived