Non-princess flight information form question

aprildawnmwc

Our cruise leaves this weekend. We booked flights on our own and are not using Princess transfers. Do we still need to fill out the non-princess flight information form?

I'm not sure if we can even do it now. The form says to fax in 30 days in advance. Which we're way past and I don't have an access to fax.

The only use of it I can think of is if we had an early flight on the day we get back. But our flight isn't until 3pm.

Do I need to send this in? Should I try to fax it now, or can I give the info to someone on board?

Thanks!

If you didn't book Princess transfers, no problem submitting the form.

As for the return, they will send a form to your cabin to fill out before the end of the cruise. But with a 3:00 flight home, you won't need early departure from the ship, so you should be fine.

If you've booked your own flights, it's not necessary to fill out and send back the flight information form. However, if you do (and you're within the time limit to do so), it's helpful information for Princess to know what flight a passenger is on if they are arriving late. The more people with independent flights who might be late (not just Princess flights), the better information the Captain has whether they can delay sailing or not.

Several years ago, I had Princess air and because of weather and Logan Airport shutting down for a day, (and yes, I was flying in the day before), through a series of mishaps, I missed my flight to San Juan. I then flew to Miami and was put on a flight to Martinique (the next port). Naturally, I alerted Princess about my new flight information. When I arrived, Princess reps were there to meet us (there were others in the same boat, so to speak), arrange transportation of our luggage to the ship, and transfer us to the ship. It was wonderful to get off the plane and be taken care of. Since we arrived only 30 minutes before the ship was scheduled to sail, they waited for us.

The point is that I feel it's important for Princess, and the ship, to know when you're arriving even if you don't have Princess air or transfer. You never know when it might make a difference.

Archived