Connecting Stateroom Issues on Jewel ?

2boyzmom

We had an AF connecting mini-suite on the Pearl (sister ship to the Jewel) and never heard anything from the adjoining cabin. Our AC on the Jewel was also a connecting to the AA Owner's Suite - again, we never heard anything. Unless your neighbors are overtly obnoxious:eek: , you shouldn't have any issues.

I have read posts saying that if you book a connecting cabin but not the cabin that it connects to, NCL will bump you to another, non-connecting cabin if a family needs the connecting cabin. That means that they could bump you to an undesireable area of the ship. I have also read that there are issues with cigarette smoke with connecting cabins.

I have never booked a connecting cabin, so I have no firsthand information. I'm just basing it on what others have posted.

funny, we booked mini suite 11550 on Jewel today. Hope it is worth the extra money. When is your departure? We have 2 daughters, age 13 and 11.

We are going Presidents week. And if they "bump" me- it best better be to a full suite :)

I have read posts saying that if you book a connecting cabin but not the cabin that it connects to, NCL will bump you to another, non-connecting cabin if a family needs the connecting cabin. That means that they could bump you to an undesireable area of the ship. I have also read that there are issues with cigarette smoke with connecting cabins.

I have never booked a connecting cabin, so I have no firsthand information. I'm just basing it on what others have posted.

How would they know that I am not adjoining the cabin next door as family or friends? I have never heard of this happening? They would also have to "bump" the occupied room next door to me too which would make for two very unhappy cruisers!

On Pride of America, we were in a BA (10680) with a AF (10678) next door. There was a connecting door between our two staterooms. Not only did we hear talking quite well, but the "ditzes" in the AF kept clawing the door handle to our connector door, thinking it was their bathroom.

It was four sisters and a mama traveling together, and their loud annoying voices was a real pain in the butt, especially when they would cackle at 2 AM.

Editied to add: They didn't realize you could fit your empty suitcases under the beds, and ended up leaving their luggage on their balcony... too stupid!

How would they know that I am not adjoining the cabin next door as family or friends?

They would know by whether or not you also booked the other cabin.

I have never heard of this happening? They would also have to "bump" the occupied room next door to me too which would make for two very unhappy cruisers!

It could happen if the other cabin is empty.

Do ypu think they would move us without asking us? OK- now I'm getting paranoid.................

I have read posts on this board saying that NCL does bump people to other cabins if you book a connecting cabin, if you book a cabin rated for triple or quadruple occupancy if you are a party of 2, or if a big group needs all the cabins in a particular area. Unfortunately, the law allows cruise lines to get away with pretty much anything they want.

They would know by whether or not you also booked the other cabin.

It could happen if the other cabin is empty.

I have read posts on this board saying that NCL does bump people to other cabins if you book a connecting cabin, if you book a cabin rated for triple or quadruple occupancy if you are a party of 2, or if a big group needs all the cabins in a particular area. Unfortunately, the law allows cruise lines to get away with pretty much anything they want.

Well, we are a party of four and the cabin next to us is already booked, si I highly doubt they will move us. Like I said, I'll move to a suite if necessary :)

Archived