Anyone experiencing the hurricane while at sea right now?

Cinderellie

Hi -- If there's anybody on board one of the Carnival ships right now in a near-the-hurricane area -- please let us know what's happening.

How bad does the ship rock? (We will be going on the Conquest in 2-1/2 week.s) Are many sick, or is the boat very stable?

Thanks, and may the seas calm for you!

You might try looking in the older section. I was on this board a couple of years ago when a hurricane was down the the cabbean.

I remember someone posting that on the Inspiration, that big statue in the atrium was banging the sides of the atrium. I think this thing was 4 stories tall or more. I went on it shortly after, and they had it tied down with cables.

Then another person said that another ship had boarded up the two lower levels with plywood over the windows and had this plywood on when the ship returned.

I heard somewhere that picture was faked...

So it IS real? It might not be Isabel, but it is a real picture?

It's probably doctored but would be a fun ride:D

My advice is to go to your stateroom, get into bed....on your stomach, & ride out the waves.....I did that on the Mariner last Feb, it was the last night of our cruise, everyone was getting sick when we approached the gulf waters. It worked for me.

I heard somewhere that picture was faked...

So it IS real? It might not be Isabel, but it is a real picture?

It seems like someone said it is a real picture, just not during Isabel. It seems like they said it was taken in the Northern Atlantic?? Anyone remember for sure?

Reading that thread from snopes, I seriously doubt the 'canards' (that is an aircraft term, the cruise ship/shipbuilders' term is Fin Stablilizers) would be deployed. All it would serve would be to cause damage to the stabilizers and the ship in those waves.

I just got off the Triumph on Saturday. We had to leave St. Maarten an hour early because of a tropical depression. Being my first cruise, I was worried. Ann Marie, she took care of our cabin (1057) ,was nervous also and talked about the time the Triumph got caught in a hurricane because of the wind changing direction. She said the water came over the 4th floor front where the employee's pool is located. Looks like that may be a picture of it!!!

Fake or real. I read through the posts from both of Mencik's links and didn't see a conclusion that it was fake or real. Appreciable there is a lot of doubt about the validity, but it is hard to say for sure. My impression is that it is an awesome picture. If it was manufactured, then an impressive work. If it is real, then an incredible photo.

On my First Cruise on the Destiny we had to leave Aruba 5 Hours early because of a tropical storm that turned into a tropical wave.

On my recent cruise on the Conquest two weeks ago we were unable to make it to Montego Bay, Jamaica because of Hurricane Charley. I was looking to Jamaica because I wanted to Climb Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios. Jamaica was substitued for Progresso Mexico on Friday.

Our Intinerary changed to visit Grand Cayman (Ship left an hour early here because of Charley) on Wednesday and Cozumel on Thursday.

On my First Cruise on the Destiny we had to leave Aruba 5 Hours early because of a tropical storm that turned into a tropical wave.

On my recent cruise on the Conquest two weeks ago we were unable to make it to Montego Bay, Jamaica because of Hurricane Charley. I was looking to Jamaica because I wanted to Climb Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios. Jamaica was substitued for Progresso Mexico on Friday.

Our Intinerary changed to visit Grand Cayman (Ship left an hour early here because of Charley) on Wednesday and Cozumel on Thursday.

Uhm...you're not going to be on the Elation for the August 29th sailing, are you? :D

Archived