Is Buchart Gardens worth a trip to?

Irina

Does anyone recommend going to Buchart Gardens at night? We are only in port in Victoria from 6:00pm until midnight, so there is probably time to either see the town of Victoria, or the Gardens. Admission is $25 p/p, and transportation there, even on the shuttle is $7p/p each way. Any opinions on whether this is worthwhile or not? Thanks - Penny

ABSOLUTELY!!! If you enjoy gorgeous flowers and beautiful manicured grounds and gardens then you can't beat it. I'll have ALOT of pictures from there posted soon, just haven't had the time yet.

I assume you're on the Pearl? (I have all the tickers and other assorted goo turned off so I can't see if it's in your sig)

We just got back from the trip and were in port at the same times (6 to midnight)

The Gardens are breathtaking! At the time you'll be there, you'll have the luxury of seeing them both during the day and early evening.

When we were there, there were no crowds, we could take our time and really enjoy the sights.

As another poster has said, if you love flowers, you'll thoroughly enjoy it. If you can simply appreciate beauty in a peaceful setting, you'll thoroughly enjoy it. My boyfriend, let's just say isn't the flower type and he was amazed by the Gardens.

We took the excursion through NCL... we booked just the Gardens (not the city/garden combo tour) and had a WONDERFUL guide who actually took us to places in Victoria (I was told by folks who paid for the city tour portion) the city-tour people missed. He was also very informative without being annoying.

You might work out price-wise better going through NCL, by the time you pay for a shuttle and the Garden entry fee. I can't remember how much the excursion was.

We were in port longer than you will be, rented a car and drove ourselves to Butchart Gardens. It is truly amazing. Once you see the history of the place and find out how it first started and what it was, to see it today is just unbelievable. If you like gardens at all, it is a must see. It isn't that far from Victoria, by car I think it took us about 40 minutes to get there, so not sure about the tour bus, but I'm sure they wouldn't offer it if it wasn't doable in the timelimit you have. We loved it so much, we want to go back and spend possibly a week there in Victoria. Have a great time!

The gardens at the Lt. Governor's home are beautiful and uncrowded. Smaller than the Bouchart Gardens for sure - but free. It's not far from the Inner Harbor so you should have time to see more of Victoria. You'd need to hire a cab to get there however.

Archived