Belleek in Victoria, BC

My parents went to Victoria in there early married life (52 years ago) and bought a few pieces of Belleeck. DH and I will be in Victoria next week and we would like to buy ourselves, and her, a piece of Belleek.

Example:

bel0036_thb.jpg

Any ideas where we might find some or will it be everywhere?

Thanks!

many places in downtown Victoria... even "The Bay" (hudsons bay company department store)... loads of fine china shops just waiting for you.

also, many of the antique shops carry old Irish Belleek.

have fun hunting!

good luck! There's a kind of "Antique Row" on Fort Street, starting at Quadra and Fort. Antiques of every kind: china, furniture, silverware, nick-nacks.

also... craigslist has someone selling belleek this week in victoria. I don't know about the prices, but it could be worth you checking out since you'll be there soon! http://victoria.craigslist.org/clt/347990962.html

have fun!

ps make sure you bring a jacket..the weather is kind of chilly & unsettled this week, but the flowers are absolutely stunning this year!

I guess you are already gone but maybe not. If I am remembering correctly the gift shop at Butchart Gardens had a lot of Belleek. Victoria is one of my favorite cities in the world. We have been there several times and absolutely love it!

There is also a shop on Fort Street (just up from the corner of Douglas and Fort) that specializes in discontinued patterns, etc., so if you can't find the pattern you need, you may want to check there.

Hi! Thanks to all of you for your responses and suggestions!

We ended up finding a piece at Sydney Reynolds. We got a small vase that is part of Belleek's 150th anniversary release. It is numbered and dated, which is fun, because it actually ended up being a 20th wedding anniversary gift to us, from my mom.

Thanks again!

PS: We loved Victoria! So beautiful and we had picture perfect weather! Hope to return some day. :)

Archived