"Must do....." for Conzumel first timer

danpat

I'm cruising on feb'08 in the MOS and I want to know the "must do" at Conzumel.........:cool:

It would be a shame if any ablebodied person went to Coz and didn't snorkel or scuba. This place has some of the clearest water and the fish are gorgeous.

If you don't swim, at least veg on a beach, or spend the day finding some of the great eateries.:D Or you can rent a car and take a trip to the back side of the island. It's nice.

If a person can't find something to do in Coz, there is little hope for them to ever find the true meaning of life.

Pinkbikini: We booked through Royal Caribbean. I can't remember the name of the tour company however I believe they were only taking cruise sponsored tours. Their building was in walking distance from the pier we were docked at. We did a quick training session and the rode to the beach. I'm sure he told us info as we were riding...but I was concentrating on my segway. lol We snorkeled for about an hour and then rode back to their building. I think we were gone about 4 hours total....we still had plenty of time to shop before heading back onboard.

Im cruising in the Mariner Of the Seas (MOS) on 10-Feb.

The Segway sound fun....beside the snorkling what else do you do?

Please come join our roll call thread, we would love to talk with you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=527910

There are several of us already "chatting" there about our upcoming cruise--the ship, excursions, etc.

As far as Cozumel, we are leaning towards a day at Nachi Cocum, after reading all the rave reviews here!

Please come join our roll call thread, we would love to talk with you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=527910

There are several of us already "chatting" there about our upcoming cruise--the ship, excursions, etc.

As far as Cozumel, we are leaning towards a day at Nachi Cocum, after reading all the rave reviews here!

Thanks.....i might leave some post in that threat......Im from PR and this will be my 1st time on the Mariner and the Western Route, also it will be my Honeymoon......

I've been to Cozumel numerous times on both cruises and land vacations and we are looking at property there. Check this website out for a decent overview of the island;

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/

We love Chankannab State Park. It is $16 per person I believe.

For a real local shopping experience go to the Chedraui Market on Melgar. It's like a Mexican version of Wal-mart. You can purchase a lot of the things that you find downtown for a fraction of the price. We always bought fresh baked bread for under a dollar a loaf and meats and cheese to picnic with when we go to the other side of the island which is all but deserted of tourists. It is breathtakingly beautiful but the water is dangerous to swim in. I will be there in a little over a week. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey RedSoxFan....I really want to go to the back side of Cozumel. Any tips on how to best get there and where exactly to go? Thanks, we are taking the Conquest on 11/18/07!

Cardinal fan here. I can't help it if I'm faster than Red.:p Your best bet is to rent a car. I mean, you can rent a jeep, but I don't think they are 4-wheel drive, so you might as well get the car. Bruce-r can give you more info on this. You can google Cozumel beaches and see what is on the east side. You have Mezcalitos, Chen Rio, Coconuts, to name a few. There is also a nice map available. I'll have to look up the website. Maybe Bruce has it handy?

Archived