New to RCI and have some questions...

cs

Can you tell me how the entertainment is? I liked Carnival shows but I wasn't too thrilled with NCL.

How is the food compared to other cruise lines? Once again, I liked Carnival but NCL was just so-so.

Does RCI have toasted sandwiches? I love them and look forward to toasted sandwiches for lunch.

Does RCI have self service laundry? If not, do most of you pack heavy or pay for cleaning?

How's the room service menu? Any good?

Have any of you boarded in Bayonne? If so, do they put out snacks while you wait to board? What time can you board (for a 5 pm sailing)?

We're looking at a category F large Oceanview. Is there a lot of storage in those cabins? Do they have fridgs in the cabins?

Sorry so many questions. Did you notice that I have mostly food on my mind - lol!

Can you tell me how the entertainment is? I liked Carnival shows but I wasn't too thrilled with NCL.

I have always found the entertainment to be wonderful. There have been a few comedians from time to time that I haven't cared for, but it's a matter of personal taste.

How is the food compared to other cruise lines? Once again, I liked Carnival but NCL was just so-so.

I have always been able to find something delicious to eat, and I would say I'm a very picky person. LOL

Does RCI have toasted sandwiches? I love them and look forward to toasted sandwiches for lunch.

I was thinking that I have seen these somewhere, but I am not sure.

Does RCI have self service laundry? If not, do most of you pack heavy or pay for cleaning?

I have not seen any self-service laundry. Their onboard laundry rates are actually really reasonable though.

How's the room service menu? Any good?

We have only ordered light snacks for room service (there is more offered at dinner time), and it was adequate for what we needed at the time. It was always tasty.

Have any of you boarded in Bayonne? If so, do they put out snacks while you wait to board? What time can you board (for a 5 pm sailing)?

We did have snacks when we boarded, but we didn't try any. We were able to get right on the ship...this was for the Liberty Pre-Innaugural though.

We're looking at a category F large Oceanview. Is there a lot of storage in those cabins? Do they have fridgs in the cabins?

We have always found places to put things, but we pack relatively light. I don't know which ship you're on, so I really cannot say much more about the space in the room. Most ships have fridges in their rooms, but I wouldn't put anything in there that required refridgeration (ie. medicines) as they don't tend to get very cold.

Sorry so many questions. Did you notice that I have mostly food on my mind - lol!

Food is a wonderful thing!

First let me say welcome to the RCCL board. Can you tell me how the entertainment is? I liked Carnival shows but I wasn't too thrilled with NCL. We have enjoyed the entertainment on RCCL, the comedian was hysterical and his adult show was one of the funniest routines I have ever heard and he really didn't get that raunchy. On Carnival we actually had the same awful comedian on all three of our of Carnival sailings. His adult show was disgusting, gross and couldn't put two words in a row without one of them being effin this and effin that.

How is the food compared to other cruise lines? Once again, I liked Carnival but NCL was just so-so. Food is very subjective and we have enjoyed the food on both of our RCCL cruises and the service has been phenomenal. Actually the entire staff on RCCL far outshines any of our other cruises.

Does RCI have toasted sandwiches? I love them and look forward to toasted sandwiches for lunch. Not sure.

Does RCI have self service laundry? If not, do most of you pack heavy or pay for cleaning? No self laundry but they do have a service which is very reasonable and they do a beautiful job. the pressing is 1/2 the cost of cleaning.

How's the room service menu? Any good? They have 24 hour room service with a very extensive menu. Hot breakfast, many of the dining room entrees available for dinner.

Have any of you boarded in Bayonne? If so, do they put out snacks while you wait to board? What time can you board (for a 5 pm sailing)? They had juice and coffee and a vending machine. We didn't have to wait very long to board. We got to the port at 10:30 am and were on board by 11:30. And we were delayed because of a wedding party, they were waiting for the groom to show up when he got stuck in traffic.

We're looking at a category F large Oceanview. Is there a lot of storage in those cabins? Do they have fridgs in the cabins? there is a ton of storage and yes there is a fridge.

The Explorer is a wonderful ship with a great crew and fantastic service. Click on the link in my signature for pictures of the ship. Ours was the 5 day Bermuda cruise.

Thank you the quick responses. I was so busy thinking about the food, I forgot to say which ship I'd be sailing on - lol.

We're going to book the Explorer of the Seas for the 9 night sailing to Haiti, Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, and San Juan. We've been to the second two ports but not the first two.

I'm glad there's lots of storage because I'm probably going to pack heavy for a 9 night cruise.

Thanks again,

Carol

The Explorer is a wonderful ship with a great crew and fantastic service. Click on the link in my signature for pictures of the ship. Ours was the 5 day Bermuda cruise.

Oh my goodness! You took such detailed pictures. I feel like I'm on the ship already. Thank you soooo much!!!

Archived