Hellp and Carnival Valor questions

Mr. Baloo

Hi all, first post... this seems like a nice community of cruisers. I learned long ago, the best way to find out about a vacation is to join a group such as this. I have been a active poster in DIS Boards and the Tagrel Disney Community boards, as evidenced by my signature, and look forward to our time here and on board.

Anyway, I have a few questions?

We have a pre-assigned room on the upper deck outside balcony mid-ship. I thought I read somewhere that the balconys are not private? meaning you can see your neighbor? Is this true? I am really looking forward to some quiet evenings and mornings on that balcony... and didnt really want any company.

I have also read that the outside rooms have refridgerators? is this true for all outside rooms? also curious of what use you would have for a fridge onboard?

Thanks a bunch.

Mr. Baloo

"Look for the bear necessities"

Hi all, first post... this seems like a nice community of cruisers. I learned long ago, the best way to find out about a vacation is to join a group such as this. I have been a active poster in DIS Boards and the Tagrel Disney Community boards, as evidenced by my signature, and look forward to our time here and on board.

Anyway, I have a few questions?

We have a pre-assigned room on the upper deck outside balcony mid-ship. I thought I read somewhere that the balconys are not private? meaning you can see your neighbor? Is this true? I am really looking forward to some quiet evenings and mornings on that balcony... and didnt really want any company.

I have also read that the outside rooms have refridgerators? is this true for all outside rooms? also curious of what use you would have for a fridge onboard?

Thanks a bunch.

Mr. Baloo

"Look for the bear necessities"

The balconys are semi-private. The partitions are like "frosted" glass you see in showers and such. Plus, if you lean out, you can see partially around the partition from the side and above. Don't forget the bridge can see part of every balcony.

It is a mini-bar. If you wish, the room steward can remove all the items so you can store stuff in it, but be warned, it is not really a fridge (doesn't get extremely cold).

We stayed in the same area of the Glory a couple of years ago. Unless we leaned out over the side the bridge could not see in. Definately not complete privacy, but we never felt that others we invading our space either.

Archived