Stingray City & Island Tour

boom op

Not sure if this will get moved or not. We didn't go throuh CCL but I imagine it's not much different. You go out to the sandbar sober and then after your time in the water they have some rum mixed drinks available from a cooler.

We haven't taken this exact excursion but we've done parts of it all through Carnival. We suggested this one to our friends for their cruise this fall and their first time in GC.

When we did the Stingray City excursion we went early in the morning. The water is a really unique shade...first time I've seen anything resembling sea foam green. They usually serve you your rum drinks on the way back from swimming with the Stringrays.

Hell is fun...in the sense that you can get post cards and send them home postmarked from Hell. They also have all sorts of other items to buy. The rock formation is interesting, especially if you are into "rocks". Someone on our bus this last trip thought it was just a tourist trap...and in some ways it probably is. But when else do you get to say you've been to Hell and back.

The turtle farm is fairly new. We've seen the old one and the new one now. Didn't get too see the turtles in their various stages of growth like we did before...but they had trouble with people picking the babies up. You will get to hold a sea turtle - if you so desire.

Has anyone done this excursion through Carnival, in Grand Cayman? We are on the Carnival Liberty in July and booked this. It says it includes RUM DRINKS.

For a better tour, IMHO, I would go to nativeway watersports website.... more personalized and less crowded... they also do a sting ray city/rum point tour that we really enjoyed and it included a fresh cooked lunch w/ drink..... have sent many a client to this company or Capt. Marvins does a good job as well but I dont think they offer the Rum Point portion of the tour. Rum point is a beautiful area with great beach and they serve fantastic lunch. Last time I was in GC, I just rented a car and drove to Rum Point for the day and relaxed w/out the crowds ! Go there once and you think you will have been in heaven and never want to leave : )

Archived