Has anyone ever heard of...

AllyCat81

...being able to push your final payment date back a few days??

I only get paid once a month (sucky I know), and if we book the cruise we are looking at our final payment date would be 7/10... but I don't get paid again till 7/15. Do you think we'd be lucky enough to get a Carnival PVP that would be nice enough to push it back to the 15th??

Just wondering if anyone has come up against something like this.

Thanks!! :)

My sister was able to do this for her upcoming cruise. Call your PVP and ask. I believe she had to escallate to management level for approval but it can be done.

Good luck!

You could transfer the money needed from your savings, then "pay yourself back" when you get paid.

Haha if I had a savings I would ;)

We're planning on putting down more then the minimum deposit, we just can't pay it all at once. I'll call and see what kind of feedback I get :)

Ally, I have a question. Are you talking about this July? If so, final payment is due 60 days before a cruise. Since you haven't booked the cruise yet, you must be talking about an '08 cruise? I'm confused.;)

Ally, I have a question. Are you talking about this July? If so, final payment is due 60 days before a cruise. Since you haven't booked the cruise yet, you must be talking about an '08 cruise? I'm confused.;)

Oh maybe I didn't explain that right...

I went onto Carnival's website and went through the whole booking thing to see how much it would be. It gave me the option to leave a $500 deposit with a final payment date of 7/10/07. The cruise isn't until 9/23/07 which would be more then 60 days away from the final payment.

You don't have to wait until 7/10 to make a payment. You can make a payment any time, so why not pay some every time you get paid, and that will make it easier for Carnival to see you are serious and push the final payment out a few days. It will also make the final payment easier to handle.

You don't have to wait until 7/10 to make a payment. You can make a payment any time, so why not pay some every time you get paid, and that will make it easier for Carnival to see you are serious and push the final payment out a few days. It will also make the final payment easier to handle.

Cause I get paid monthly. Otherwise I would do that. It's not even def. that we'd have to push the payment back, cause I'm pretty sure we can afford to pay if off once we book it, but incase money is tight, I would have to hold off till next month to pay the rest of my share.

Normally I would just ask DBF to pay whatever I owe and then worry about paying him back later, but that's not really fair either.

Ok, gotcha!:D

Why don't you go ahead and contact a Carnival PVP and book the cruise, and explain the situation. I'm sure she'll talk w/her supervisor and ok it....since it's only a few days. I hope you and Chris have a great cruise.:)

Ok, gotcha!:D

Why don't you go ahead and contact a Carnival PVP and book the cruise, and explain the situation. I'm sure she'll talk w/her supervisor and ok it....since it's only a few days. I hope you and Chris have a great cruise.:)

Yea that seems to be the plan. I can't imagine why they'd give me a hard time over a few days. Hopefully everything works out!! :D

Thanks ;)

Then you're willing to live more dangerously than I am. I would make sure I had that in place before I started buying cruises! :)

I dont have a savings account either but manage two vacations each year.

what does having a savings account have to do with booking a cruise?

I dont have a savings account either but manage two vacations each year.

what does having a savings account have to do with booking a cruise?

It doesn't have anything to do specifically with booking a cruise. It just takes the stress off of not having money when you need to have it, which was the poster's real dilemma.

It doesn't have anything to do specifically with booking a cruise. It just takes the stress off of not having money when you need to have it, which was the poster's real dilemma.

It's not a matter of not "having money". I have the money, I just chose not to put myself in a tight position incase GOD FORBID something comes up this month and I need that extra cash. I'd rather not put all the money out all at once and then have like my car break down or something...

Because final payment date is based on sail date, not booking date.

Ahh.....thanks. Of course it is -- should have given that one a little more thought before posting. :o

I am curious to what sailing has a 60 day final payment.

I know our 6 day liberty was due at 70.

(those extra days could be a headache. make sure you get it in writing that the agent can do that--i'd hate to see the cabin get cancelled at the last minute due to non payment.

(those extra days could be a headache. make sure you get it in writing that the agent can do that--i'd hate to see the cabin get cancelled at the last minute due to non payment.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The PVP may say it's OK but I'd be afraid they wouldn't follow thru and you would lose your cabin. I always get nervous right around final payment time. Even if my TA or PVP has said they will automatically put the final payment thru, I always call to make sure it's done and then keep checking on line to make sure it's done. Get it in writing.

and what happens to the OP checking account if the person inadvertly puts the charge through on the date its due.

I think this is an accident waiting to happen.

I am curious to what sailing has a 60 day final payment.

I know our 6 day liberty was due at 70.

Serene, the Carnival book I have says:

3, 4, 5 day cruises - final payment due no more than 60 days prior to cruise.

6, 7, 8, 10 day cruises - 75 days.

European cruises - 90 days.

Archived