Traveller's Inn Gorge in Victoria

Is it the one at 120 Gorge Road East? I stayed there a few years back for 3 months while my house was being renovated and all I can say is if there's anyway you can change it, I'd do so. Sorry.

There are several Traveller's Inns within a few blocks of each other. They seem to be everywhere lately. Some of the hotels they've bought out didn't seem that bad to start with. I'm just talking about the one that I stayed at.

Is it the one at 120 Gorge Road East? I stayed there a few years back for 3 months while my house was being renovated and all I can say is if there's anyway you can change it, I'd do so. Sorry.

There are several Traveller's Inns within a few blocks of each other. They seem to be everywhere lately. Some of the hotels they've bought out didn't seem that bad to start with. I'm just talking about the one that I stayed at.

Yikes! Yes, that's the one! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Unfortunately, we can't change it, as it is a Priceline reservation. Once you get the hotel, you're stuck...I mean confirmed. :rolleyes:

On Trip Advisor, it did say that there had been a renovation in 2006. Please, God, I hope so!

I live only a few blocks from there and still have to drive by it all the time. The reason I stayed there is because it's so close (and I could get back and forth to the house easily to check on things). At the time I stayed there, the walls were paper thin, which didn't make for a great night's sleep when you could hear the guy in the next room snoring! I was there 3 months which felt like 3 years! It's tended to affect my feelings for the place just a bit.

Hopefully you're not staying there 3 months :D and if they've done renos it should be fine for a few days. It's just that it is (or was) a basic motel - kind of like a Motel 6.

Will you have a car while you're here? It's about a 10 min car (or bus) ride to downtown Victoria from there. If you don't have a car, there is some good news - there's a bus stop just a few steps away.

Also, there's an excellent Chinese food restaurant - Wing's - just down the road from the motel. I'd highly recommend them. And if the motel gets TOO bad - there's a cold beer and wine store right across the street at the Days Inn!

Thanks for pointing out some bright spots, Luckysll! :D

We will have a car and are only staying 2 nights, so hopefully it will be OK. Otherwise, good Chinese and cold beer should help considerably! :rolleyes: :D

• 2 weeks later...
I live only a few blocks from there and still have to drive by it all the time. The reason I stayed there is because it's so close (and I could get back and forth to the house easily to check on things). At the time I stayed there, the walls were paper thin, which didn't make for a great night's sleep when you could hear the guy in the next room snoring! I was there 3 months which felt like 3 years! It's tended to affect my feelings for the place just a bit.

Hopefully you're not staying there 3 months :D and if they've done renos it should be fine for a few days. It's just that it is (or was) a basic motel - kind of like a Motel 6.

Will you have a car while you're here? It's about a 10 min car (or bus) ride to downtown Victoria from there. If you don't have a car, there is some good news - there's a bus stop just a few steps away.

Also, there's an excellent Chinese food restaurant - Wing's - just down the road from the motel. I'd highly recommend them. And if the motel gets TOO bad - there's a cold beer and wine store right across the street at the Days Inn!

We survived our stay at this place! They have done some obvious cosmetic rehab (fresh paint, all new bathroom), but could stand to buy some new mattresses! Ours completely "caved" in the middle where someone or something large once was. No problem with paper thin walls, but we were on the end and there may not have been anyone next door.

We did enjoy Wings for a late dinner one night. It was great! Thanks for suggesting it. Do you think maybe they could put alittle more rice on the plate? :rolleyes: :D

Loved your fair city. Hope to be able to come back some day and stay longer!

Archived