EAST vs WEST

zerog

I booked an Eastern Caribbean 7-day during my last cruise, in order to lock in the 10 percent discount and OBC. I basically just choose something, knowing that I could change the dates or length later. :)

Does anyone have a (major) preference toward the Eastern or Western 7 day cruise?

FYI

Eastern Cruise goes to:

St. Maarten, St. Thomas (with St. John option)

Western Cruise goes to:

Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

The rest of the days are either at sea or CC.

Do you enjoy the ship, or the Ports of call? We personally enjoy the days at sea. The Eastern gives you that extra day. St. Thomas is outstanding, and St. Marteen is very nice also. We did enjoy Key West, and Grand Caymen, I could by-pass Cozumel. We had a diversion to Costa Maya once, and that Port is 20 years away from being a decent stop. You will also tender in at Grand Caymen, and I'm not sure of the pier status at Cozumel, I know it was wiped out, from an 05 hurricane. No tendering on the Eastern cruise. Metrowon

We like both but prefer the Eastern because we love the extra day at sea and the prices are much better for shopping on the Eastern.

Key West is great but didnt care that much for the other ports, they were ok, but a little too modern for my tastes. They just didnt seem like a tropical island to us, too modern, although excursions will take you away from the congestion.

I vote for Eastern

mom x4,grandma x4

In my opinion the Eastern is nicer if you have a balcony to enjoy the extra sea days, plus the scenery is nicer with the mountains in St. Thomas, St. Maarten. The shopping is DEFINATELY better, the western has been water sports/snorkeling and of course the sting rays. We didn't care for Key West, second time we went western we used it as an "at sea day" and enjoyed the pools almost all to ourselves.

Archived