Shogun is off to Alaska

Shogun

Hi cjinky,

I was worried that if I joined in on the Alaska board you would tell how great it is , that you must do this , see that etc, and then tell me that you need to do atleast three cruises to fit it al in. I have only one so I do not want to know about all the great must see things that I will be missing.

yours Shogun:)

You will have a wonderful trip. We took the Rockies Tour prior to our Alaskan cruise on Dawn Princess in May 2006. Our Land Tour did not include the Rocky Mountaineer Train however, but we met up with people on the cruise who had taken the train and they said it was great.

If you are interested I have posted reviews of our trip and the links are as follows:

Rockies Land Tour

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=360451

Alaskan Cruise on Dawn Princess

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=19049

I think there was a review posted by someone who was on a later sailing to ours (Margord rings a bell) and they did the train section of the tour, so if you check back on the Members Reviews for Dawn Princess you may get some information there. It may be helpful to check on the Canada boards too.

Have a wonderful trip and good luck with the planning. We definite intend going back some day and hope to do a Land Tour in Alaska itself then.

Regards from Suron in Bristol, England:)

Archived