grandeur and a teen

Hi, I'm a 15 year old girl who has never been on a cruise before and I am going on the Grandeur of the Seas on July 13th to the eastern Caribbean. If anyone who has been on the Grandeur before can tell me about it, I'd really appreciate it. Specifically, if you could tell me about Adventure Ocean and the teen program and Fuel on Grandeur, I would be most pleased. Thanks!:)

Candy,

I haven't been on the Grandeur, but here is a link to the "Roll Call" for your sailing, where you can meet other people who will be on the Grandeur's July 13 sailing with you. Maybe someone there will be able to tell you more about AO and Fuel on the Grandeur in particular and/or Royal Caribbean in general.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=439150

Have a wonderful trip!

My son Andy is also 15 and will be on the same cruise. This his is fourth cruise and he loves it. For the teen program they do have some organized events but it's very informal and it seemed to me that they just went with the flow. The teens have their own large room with TV's and Computer games and I recall a RCL staffer on the door barring parents from entering so there's a lot of just hangning out. There will probably be at least 20-30 teens on the cruise given that it's the school holidays and RCL do a good job of making sure everyone gets along. There were a couple of occassions where they all ate together. On our last 9-Day cruise all the teens had a large farewell party and it was evident some longlasting friendships had been made.

Hi Candy, Just one hint that has been mentioned here many times. Be sure to go to the very FIRST Adventure Ocean meeting or activity for your age group. This first meeting is where the connections and friendships are made and it will be the best way to make some new friends to hang with on your cruise. Have a great time...the Grandeur is beautiful...we have sailed her twice!!

Archived